Sony Launches Web-Based PlayStation Store

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The web-based PlayStation Store is now open for business. The concept has been tested in Europe and is now open to gamers in the Western Hemisphere. To access the content, gamers sign in using their existing Sony Entertainment Network or PlayStation Network username and password.

How Sony will probably try to compete with Microsoft. Not just Microsoft, but Steam and Android. Cause right now Song and Microsoft do fear Steam and Android as competing services to Xbox and Sony.

Still can't play any of the games on my PC...I am confused as to why I should care? If I want anything off the PSN my PS3 seems to handle browsing it just fine.

Doth anyone elth think thony could hath picked a better reprethentathive to do their product releath videoths than thith lady with the extreme lithp?:confused:

But seriously, even if this did provide PC games why would I want to pay Sony double on anything I'm already getting from Steam cheaper? And damn near free during summer and winter sales?

You know what? I've been wanting Sony to do this for a while. I want to be able to have a PS3 wish list that I can manage from my computer. Also, I want to be able to browse the PSN prices from my computer while comparing boxed copies with other online stores. I don't understand the negative feedback.

because people around here like to whine about products/services that they have no obligation to use/purchase.

You know what? I've been wanting Sony to do this for a while. I want to be able to have a PS3 wish list that I can manage from my computer. Also, I want to be able to browse the PSN prices from my computer while comparing boxed copies with other online stores. I don't understand the negative feedback.
Because Sony raped their mother/credit card/wallet or whatever. I personally think its pretty neat.

Still can't play any of the games on my PC...I am confused as to why I should care? If I want anything off the PSN my PS3 seems to handle browsing it just fine.

I find that finding games is a chore in the PS store. The web interface is much better.

Microsoft has had this option for the xbox for years, so I guess this is a day late and a dollar short.

Doesn't work with any mobile devices tried chrome and firefox no go. I can do this on Xbox. Com from any browser.

Back