Woz Says Steve Jobs Movie Is Wrong

HardOCP News

[H] News
You'd think the film makers would have at least consulted Woz to make the movie somewhat accurate. Here's what Woz had to say:

Not close...we never had such interaction and roles...I'm not even sure what it's getting at...personalities are very wrong although mine is closer...don't forget that my purpose was inspired by the values of the Homebrew Computer Club along with ideas of the value of such machines and Steve J. wasn't around and didn't attend the club so he was the one learning about such social impact of the future.

Of course it's wrong. Ashton Kutcher can't play anyone but himself.

Pirates of Silicon Valley is still a classic.

Since when are "based on a true story" movies EVER accurate.
Not that I care as I'll never watch this crap.

There's a difference between it being 'not close' and 'somewhat accurate portrayal'.

It's only one clip though.

Are you telling my Hoollywood got something wrong????? W00000000000000000000TTTTT!!!!!! :cool:

If this film doesn't have Jobs walking on water, turning water into wine and curing lepers and the blind then I'm sure many who worship at the alter of Jobs will be upset. :D

Who expected this film to be anything other than two hours of stroking Steve Job's wang?

Was pirates close to being accurate?

I think one of the common opinions about it from the people was that were portrayed was that the places and people present in some of the scenes was wrong, but they got the personalities, atmosphere and interaction perfect.

accuracy and inspiration can be taken from many sources

tho the short film clip may be nothing more than artistic license and may not be 'historically accurate', in consideration of the following Steve Jobs speech at the 1983 International Design Conference in Aspen, CO, it most certainly accurately reflects the inspiration and the vision of the man

audio clip at the link below

http://www.centerfordesigninnovation.org/blog/?p=2454

(disclosure: tho I did own a first gen Mac, I currently own and use no Apple devices)

tho the short film clip may be nothing more than artistic license and may not be 'historically accurate', in consideration of the following Steve Jobs speech at the 1983 International Design Conference in Aspen, CO, it most certainly accurately reflects the inspiration and the vision of the man

'not historically accurate' would have been a stretch if nothing in the scene at all was real. The conversation never happened, the relationship is skewed, the meaning behind the dialog wasn't the intent, and scene gives off being nothing more than a setup to put someone on a pedestal. Lets make a movie that depicts Hitler as the second coming of Christ and his holy crusade!

If this film doesn't have Jobs walking on water, turning water into wine and curing lepers and the blind then I'm sure many who worship at the alter of Jobs will be upset. :D
Altar.

Lets make a movie that depicts Hitler as the second coming of Christ and his holy crusade!
The Germans already did that, under Reich Minister Goebbels. Several times.

It is quite normal for something to become distorted to reflect the shape of the environment that it has been through. In this case, the script writer will put part of themselves into it. If you can deduct the script writer’s disposition from it, then you might see something closer to the truth.:cool:

I want to run into a theater this is playing at and throw a hammer at the screen.

<Irony>
They should make sure that all witnesses have been eliminated before releasing it.
</Irony>

"I'm not even sure what this movie is trying to do. The first sit down lunch we had was at a Bob's Big Boy, not Denny's. For one, Denny's didnt have blueberry syrup, never ever. It was like 'Hell-ohhh .. Blueberry syrup?'"

The FBI might come after you, for saying that.:D

I could dress up as a huge penis wearing a black turtleneck. Oh Hell... I can't begin to fathom how many people are going to be wearing black turtlenecks... It's going to be a horrid, horrid scene.

I could dress up as a huge penis wearing a black turtleneck. Oh Hell... I can't begin to fathom how many people are going to be wearing black turtlenecks... It's going to be a horrid, horrid scene.

It's a shame about that. I like turtlenecks, jeans, and sneakers because they're so comfortable. Just can't wear all three without being called out by someone raging over Steve Jobs. Though, I never wear New Balance because every single pair I've ever owned, while comfortable, fall apart within weeks.

Back