ACE Hardware Fires Employees Over Zombie Film

I was waiting for a Banjo. Luckily, I have an ACE hardware near my house, so I'll be ready for the Zombie Rabbits.

I shop at ACE when I need something real quick. Their prices for most products are higher than Home Depot.

Ace is just mad that it didn't go viral and they wouldn't make any money suing the employees, so they just fired them to hopefully make sure the next batch of employees do a better job.

Of course they fired him. He climbed ontop of their roof with a rifle and two handguns. Lucky no one saw his dumb ass up there and called the cops. Imagine that PR nightmare.

Direct quote at the 8:50 mark:

"There are so many stupid people in this town...they come in and ask the stupidest questions. Sometimes I feel like I just want to shoot them in the face"

Yep what a moron.

ACE Hardware really sucks!

Zombie zoo, zombie zoo, zombie zoo, zombie zoo. Who let them zombies out that damn zombie zoo.

"There are so many stupid people in this town...they come in and ask the stupidest questions. Sometimes I feel like I just want to shoot them in the face"

Yep what a moron.

Yep, I can't blame any company for terminating an employee that talks in explicit and bizarre terms killing customers.

At first I thought ACE were being boring old stiffs and not recognizing the fun marketing potential of a low budget zombie movie in your stores, but then I actually watched the video.

Yeah... hard not to side with ACE on this one.

The NRA should hire this guy ASAP to do their ads. because their current PR team has absolutely no clue (using Obama's kids? really??).

Even the gun control advocates will turn into NRA supporters in a second when faced with the the threat of a zombie apocalypse. ;)

At first I thought ACE were being boring old stiffs and not recognizing the fun marketing potential of a low budget zombie movie in your stores, but then I actually watched the video.

Yeah... hard not to side with ACE on this one.

Agreed. Yeah. The video is "sorta" funny. But the fact that this guy was climbing out on the roof of one of their stores with a rifle is worrisome.

Not just from the "What if someone saw him and called the police, what a PR disaster!" POV, but from a health and safety (and insurance POV).

The fact that he's wearing ACE gear while talking about killing customers (and calling them stupid) isn't exactly a visual any business would want either.

Yeah. The actual intent was harmless. But the message being conveyed is just incredibly damaging.

Like those idiots at that NC Domino's Pizza from a couple years ago.

Hum color me not surprised. I wonder if he watched this video after he was done shooting it. Also as someone having worked retail most of the time it is policy not to allow the brand to be filmed without permission. This guy can have his videos pulled for copyright infringement based on the fact nearly every shot had ace hardware in the shot.

I'm actually surprised any of the people who appeared on that kept thier jobs maybe the chick who just was not into it but for all of them to lose would be a over reaction.

Yep what a moron.

That isn't a direct quote. You para-phrased the last part to serve the narrative of your post. If you want to call him an idiot just do so, but don't change the words to serve your opinion. I agree that it was ill-advised for these kids to have made this film without going through proper channels at ACE. That being said, ACE could probably have handled this better. This could have been a fun marketing opportunity with the proper spin.

Yep what a moron.

I was about to protest and say "Wow .. over a Zombie mocumentary" but after hearing them say that .. they deserved to be fired. Fucking dumb as shit thing to say.

Yep what a moron.

You can't argue with the one part, he is living proof of the town's 'stupid people'

Wow... I think people like that dont ever think of what their actions can cause, ACE are totely justified to why they fired them.

They bragged that they have nothing to do, seemed to film this while at work, and jokes about shooting little kids and what not with a rifle on the roof... usually I just accuse the business as having no sense of humor, but in this case I would have fired them on the spot too.

Is this one of those red flags people miss before somebody goes on a killing spree? Maybe he should be petitioned...

That isn't a direct quote. You para-phrased the last part to serve the narrative of your post. If you want to call him an idiot just do so, but don't change the words to serve your opinion. I agree that it was ill-advised for these kids to have made this film without going through proper channels at ACE. That being said, ACE could probably have handled this better. This could have been a fun marketing opportunity with the proper spin.

Yea because there is such a narrative to my post. You are in the minority here. If you think ACE could have handled it better you really have no clue how to run a business.

Watch the video he was talking about violence to little kids and "stupid people in this town" blah blah blah.

That hurts ACE brand nationally. It isn't ACE. Any company would do this.

Yep what a moron.

Except he actually said:

"(...) all you can really picture is how much you'd rather shoot them in the face when they're coming at you trying to bite you."

Funny how you conveniently left that part out. And then you call him a moron :rolleyes:

Is this one of those red flags people miss before somebody goes on a killing spree? Maybe he should be petitioned...

No because we have a problem in America with something I like to call "after the fact".

For instance I have known plenty of coworkers that either have issues at home, they don't get along with their spouse, trouble with kids etc.

All what I would classify as normal problems. Then say one day one of them goes on a shooting spree. Someone interviews me and I would be like "well you know they did have issues at home blah blah blah".

Thats the problem with the media today, everyone wants to know "why" something happened and they can't embrace the fact that there are fucking morons out there and that by interacting with people on a day to day basis this is the risk you take.

The one thing you can't do is stop going to schools, malls, etc because this just demonstrates the effectiveness of these actions to the next guy.

Except he actually said:

"(...) all you can really picture is how much you'd rather shoot them in the face when they're coming at you trying to bite you."

Funny how you conveniently left that part out. And then you call him a moron :rolleyes:

Yep and I still stand by my original point.

You guys keep wasting your time being in the minority defending someone who obviously was in the wrong and is a moron.

How about you guys stop leaving out the part that he was on the rooftop of the ACE hardware store with weapons, without permission to be there in the first place and that it was filmed at work on private grounds without permission.

If I went into a mcdonalds right now and started filming a zombie movie and the manager of the store asked me to leave and I didn't I would be forcefully removed from the storefront.

This kid took advantage of not only filming it in the store, but using the brand name etc without permission.

Why is there an argument about the exact wording of a dumb comment in a dumb video on the internet over which a bunch of people lost minimum wage jobs? Is that really worth keystrokes?

Guy sounds like a bit of an Ass to me. I'd probably fire him based on what I just saw.

Back