Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer

graphics definitely look a bit dated...hopefully the gameplay and Alien canon will make up for it

They're going to have to based on everything I've run across about this. If that happens, that'll be great.

Glad I wasn't coming into this thread being the only nay sayer. It does look a bit dated.

Looks like a bad ass game, but I am a big fan of the Alien universe.

The trailer looks... ok? I mean, the biggest strengths this franchise has to work with is the atmosphere and intensity of the combat, and the trailer doesn't give you much to go on for how that is going to be.

And it doesn't look THAT bad...

I would have been super pumped about this like 6 years ago, but idk looks pretty terrible right now.

Sure gameplay is the most important thing but for me its got to at least have decent graphics to hook me in otherwise I just dont care how good the gameplay is.

Graphics look fine to me. It's not Crysis 3 but it's not bad either.

Also...OMFG, the loader is usable in this game? Sweet!

Mikey Neumann tweeted this:

e20cfcc59709c90ffe44a00efb700e862330884d.jpg

I'm thinking this is console footage due to the low res textures and shadowing...at least I hope that's the reason for the graphic issues.

Other than that gameplay looks kinda like Alien vs. Predator.

Sure gameplay is the most important thing but for me its got to at least have decent graphics to hook me in otherwise I just dont care how good the gameplay is.

Agreed X 1,000,000. Bad graphics can sure make the game not enjoyable even with good gameplay.

Often times great trailers are an attempt to sell a bad game... so I wouldn't get too worked up folks, just wait for your friends to give you an idea of how the game is.

Every comment I've read by someone that sat down and played it at PAX made it seem underwhelming, hope the final can pull it out. I like Gearbox as a company, love the Borderlands games, but its strangely the same group that gets the occasional wild hair to release things like DukeNukemForever.

Every comment I've read by someone that sat down and played it at PAX made it seem underwhelming, hope the final can pull it out. I like Gearbox as a company, love the Borderlands games, but its strangely the same group that gets the occasional wild hair to release things like DukeNukemForever.

PC Gamer's preview of it last month was very ho-hum to an unsettling degree since they want this to be as good as the rest of us do.

I hope they can produce a good coop experience(it is gearbox afterall and thats where they shine)

Unreal Engine 3 is showing its age

That it does, some of the DX11 tweaks they dropped into it for Batman were ok but still. Just looked at the spec's and it's just the DX9 build of the engine at that. What the going rate for frames on DX9 UE3 games theses days, like 250fps@1080 on a GTX680?

AvP looked really good...why does this look worse?

Back