100 Best Companies to Work For

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google has once again topped the list of 100 best companies to work for. Microsoft came in 75th but, before you laugh at Microsoft's ranking, you should probably know that Facebook, Amazon and Apple didn't even make the list.

The Internet juggernaut takes the Best Companies crown for the fourth time, and not just for the 100,000 hours of subsidized massages it doled out in 2012. New this year are three wellness centers and a seven-acre sports complex, which includes a roller hockey rink; courts for basketball, bocce, and shuffle ball; and horseshoe pits.

Does this include the respective companies's retail stores and warehouses if they have them, or just their HQ?

Top company in my industry is at #48.

Maybe I'll try to work for them at some point.

I find it surprising that Takeda/Millenium Pharmaceuticals wound up so high on the list. My ex used to work there and she hated it. But that was gefore the Takeda buyout, so maybe things have changed.

No AT&T or Comcast on that list. Those companies are only good if you happen to be an overpaid executive constantly harping on your army middle men to squeeze out more efficiency numbers from their army of minions.

Really starbucks is on that list

I remember that a similar list was debating McDonalds. Their back office was apparently good enough to counter much of the retail experience. Eventually they decided that they shouldn't include such jobs.

The Mayo Clinic is there? Might be nice, but you would have to live in Rochester MN. And stay there over the winter (I've been there in the summer. Great place, but I wouldn't want to be there now).

This list seems a lot more legit than most of this kind. I am always amazed at certain management consulting groups ranking at the top of these lists. Especially since I know people who have worked for them and all say it was the worst time of their life, but it gave them them opportunities once they left and that was only reason they stuck around.

The photo for CHG Healthcare Services reveals the main reason why it's at #3...

Why does that surprise you? They probably offer their baristas better benefits than most food/drink establishments. Health insurance, paid time off, retirement plans...

They do. Same as Whole Foods.

They also like to promote from within and groom people for positions.

I know two people who went to work for Google and left after 1 and 3 months. Both said it was very cultish and pretty much expected that you kiss your personal life goodbye.

Back