Facebook Graph Search Privacy Tips

HardOCP News

[H] News
Worried about Facebook privacy? Here are two tips for you: 1.) Delete Facebook account. 2.) See rule #1. Problem solved. :D

While Facebook's new search tool might respect those settings, it does mean that your information will be surfaced more. "The phishers and the hackers and the ID thieves woke up to Christmas morning with all this data," John Sileo, author of "Privacy Means Profit" and an identity theft expert, told ABC News.

But... if I delete my Facebook account, I can't broadcast to my thousands of eager friends every time I take a random photo of my dog or of my kids doing absolutely nothing! I can't let everyone know what I ate for breakfast today! I can't re-post the latest patently untrue thing to rise from the depths of the internet!

My life will be meaningless!!!

But... if I delete my Facebook account, I can't broadcast to my thousands of eager friends every time I take a random photo of my dog or of my kids doing absolutely nothing! I can't let everyone know what I ate for breakfast today! I can't re-post the latest patently untrue thing to rise from the depths of the internet!

My life will be meaningless!!!

There's still twitter.

Even though a lot of people are going to say that Facebook is more creepy/dangerous to use because of additional privacy issues, I don't think it'll change anything. People know smoking increases their risk of getting lung cancer, but they still smoke. If something that could kill them isn't going to cause a habit change, then being addicted to Facebook isn't going to change just because the stuff they post became more searchable. Privacy proponents would be better off just shutting up about it and watching in amusement instead of trying to "help" those that aren't interested in being helped.

Back