Kingwin Power Force 850W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Kingwin Power Force 850W Power Supply Review - While not a "go to" enthusiast brand, Kingwin has produced some excellent computer desktop power supplies over the last five years and these have usually be great values. Does Kingwin continue the trend with its new Power Force 850W model sporting good efficiency, modular cabling, and reasonable pricing.

Yeah, price is the biggest downer for this little guy. I mean, $100? Really? I can get a Rosewill Fortress 750 for that much, which completely blows this unit away in terms of build quality, performance or efficiency. Hell, there's a guy on eBay selling brand new TPQ-1200's for $150...

this is a neat unit though. I never once actually thought it was synchronously recertified. Thought it was using shitty big old MOSFET's hence the price tag and the Bronze efficiency... nice. It regulates very well too, and DC-DC converters as well. Ripple isn't likeable, but, FAR from being bad. I mean, it stays at 30mV at idle, and goes up to 40mV at load, which is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. It's absolutely fine for a budget unit targeted towards price/performance machines. Though, if you REALLY need 850W (only those that do triple GPU need it anymore with 670/680's or 7970/7950's), then you'd have the money to get a better unit. So I see little point in a budget 850W unit like this.

P.S, I disagree about Kingwin NOT being a "go-to" brand. Ever since the launch of the LZG-1000 in 2010 Summer, Kingwin HAS been a "go-to" brand. Every single one of their Gold or Platinum rated SuperFlower offerings have been pretty amazing by far, and they've almost ALWAYS been very competitively priced.

Back