Make DDoS Attacks A Legal Form of Protest

HardOCP News

[H] News
And the award for "idiotic petition of the day" goes to this guy. Bonus points for misspelling technology and the awesome description of a DDoS attack below. :D

With the advance in internet techonology, comes new grounds for protesting. Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS), is not any form of hacking in any way. It is the equivalent of repeatedly hitting the refresh button on a webpage. It is, in that way, no different than any "occupy" protest.

Just as scary is that over 1k people have signed it. And we all know that these people would be the first to scream bloody murder if they were to get DDoS'd. Most likely they couldn't be bothered to be part of a real sit in protest, but they 're all for it if it doesn't interrupt their sad little lives in any meaningful way since all it's automated once it's initiated.

The stupid...it hurts!

A DDOS attack is the equivalent of getting ganged up on and hit in the mouth, repeatedly, for exercising your First Amendment rights. You're essentially attempting to shout down and silence someone for having an opinion other than yours (or the group-think you're embracing as "yours").

In the mean time, you're offloading the costs of your actions onto network providers.

DDOS, while, ostensibly, non-destructive, is still a malicious action.

Pretty sure it's illegal for the "occupy" protestors to physically bar entry or exit from a place of business too.

Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS), is not any form of hacking in any way.

That's theoretically correct, but in practice the only way to successfully execute a DDoS is with some "hacking."

I'm pretty sure protests become illegal when you start to obstruct the freedom and rights of others.

If I protested by baring people from entering a store I would be arrested. This is nothing different.

I'm pretty sure protests become illegal when you start to obstruct the freedom and rights of others.

If I protested by baring people from entering a store I would be arrested. This is nothing different.
Haha exactly an sit-in protest isn't exactly legal it's just recognized as a form of protest but ddos isn't at all the same you don't have to be there to ddos you can ddos while you go to work.

Just as scary is that over 1k people have signed it. And we all know that these people would be the first to scream bloody murder if they were to get DDoS'd. Most likely they couldn't be bothered to be part of a real sit in protest, but they 're all for it if it doesn't interrupt their sad little lives in any meaningful way since all it's automated once it's initiated.

The stupid...it hurts!

A quote comes to mind. I might be a bit off, but I think it goes, "If you would not give a freedom to your worst enemy, then you don't believe in that freedom at all."

Seriously. And F' all this occupy whatever bullshit.

I dont know about that. I mean there was a bunch of them "occupying" some land next to the place I was spending 4 hours a day communiting to. Not sure how theyd feel about me using it in that way, but there was definately benefits to sleeping on some grass nextdoor with a 20 second commute. If they worked out a way to not sleep in tents and have bathrooms and interwebs and they learnt to stay away from me, I could see myself supporting them in my own small way.

New paradigm: if I want to do something, the law doesn't matter. That doesn't make me a criminal, it makes me an activist.

I really hate to say it, but it's a rare case where it truly applies: Obama's America. These nitwits are the kind of fucknuts the new Left relies on to keep them in power, by reassuring them that their criminality isn't criminality at all if it's in pursuit of a cause they personally believe in. And don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that the GOP is offering anything worthwhile as an alternative, but they don't produce these kinds of idiots. They just stand there and let the idiots walk all over them because they're too afraid to say "you're a fucking imbecile".

Seriously. And F' all this occupy whatever bullshit.

Ever seen Portlandia? They had a skit in their second season where this lesbian couple that runs a feminist bookstore arrives there to discover a drum circle blocking the entrance. They eventually end up using the hose to get rid of them.

In other words, let's just wait until the starter of this petition gets his own website shut down by DOS attacks, or perhaps whatever cloud service he uses gets taken down by people like them. Lofty notions about the cause of the just fly out the window once you realize that your own rights can be trampled by high-minded douchepuddles.

27546652.jpg

;)

Back