Borderlands 2 Patch 1.3.1

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you own Borderlands 2 for the PC, head on over to Steam and get your patch on.

• Added support for text input using the gamepad for Steam's Big Picture mode.
  • Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in the "Whoops" mission of the Captain Scarlett DLC.
  • Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.
  • Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking.
  • Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear.

"even though it was hilarious"

I still haven't forgiven you guys completely for Duke Nukem Forever, but you make it awfully hard to stay mad at you.

I still haven't forgiven you guys completely for Duke Nukem Forever, but you make it awfully hard to stay mad at you.

We'll see how they do on Aliens: Colonial Marines. ;)

Not looking too promising from everything that's come out thus far.

I dunno, so far it seems mixed...MP looks awesome, SP sounds... passable. PLUS, it has co-op...so...co-op is like an automatic couple of points IMO.

Still waiting for level cap increase but nice support.

The wait has been long.

Let us hope the next DLC will give us what we have needed for so long, a reason to play. And additional storage space.

Dont forget the 5 golden keys
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF

"For so long" lol, the games been out a little over 3 months .. And within the first month the halo kids were already whining for a lvlcap increase, many of them because they already burned themselves out after duping and savefile modding made everything stale.

You gotta look at it from the dev's point of view, its a delicate balance timing the increase and trying to piss the least amount of people off, since all the nerds that spend hundreds of hours farming legendaries will suddenly have obsolete gear. An increase too soon after release and they've got that group up in arms.

Lvlcap won't increase with Tuesday's DLC but they've promised it for Q1 (translation March). If youre finding "no reason to play" it means time to step away for a month, come back roll a new toon and its fresh again, this worked for me.

Last edited:
The wait has been long.

Let us hope the next DLC will give us what we have needed for so long, a reason to play. And additional storage space.

Dont forget the 5 golden keys
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF

lol given the fact that it took 5 expansions in BL1 before they increased the level cap, it'll be a while.

lol given the fact that it took 5 expansions in BL1 before they increased the level cap, it'll be a while.

Five expansions? I seem to only remember the 4: Ned, Moxxi, Knoxx, and Claptrap. It was in Knoxx that they upped the cap. Knoxx was released only a few months after Ned, so it would be about time for them to be upping the cap if they followed the same trend.

∙Fixed inventory scrolling bug

oh whoops guess we'll be leaving that one in.

Gearbox did not develop DNF. It was pretty far along when 3DRealms fell apart. A handful of 3DRealms employees worked together on the game during this time and became a studio called Triptych. 3DRealms asked Gearbox to help Triptych polish the game and release it for consoles. Gearbox provided funding for finishing it and hired another studio to do the console port and add multiplayer. The ONLY people to blame for DNF's problems are the people that developed it and a big amount goes to Broussard. Can't even really blame 2K for pushing for it to be released considering the amount of time and money that went into the game.

Five expansions? I seem to only remember the 4: Ned, Moxxi, Knoxx, and Claptrap. It was in Knoxx that they upped the cap. Knoxx was released only a few months after Ned, so it would be about time for them to be upping the cap if they followed the same trend.

Ignore sirmonkey1985. He rarely says anything accurate.

Gearbox did not develop DNF. It was pretty far along when 3DRealms fell apart. A handful of 3DRealms employees worked together on the game during this time and became a studio called Triptych. 3DRealms asked Gearbox to help Triptych polish the game and release it for consoles. Gearbox provided funding for finishing it and hired another studio to do the console port and add multiplayer. The ONLY people to blame for DNF's problems are the people that developed it and a big amount goes to Broussard. Can't even really blame 2K for pushing for it to be released considering the amount of time and money that went into the game.

Gearbox had enough input to have Nukem's voice actor reference Borderlands twice in the game...

Last edited:
Ignore sirmonkey85, he never says anything remotely accurate.

Gearbox had enough input to have Nukem's voice actor reference Borderlands twice in the game.

Gearbox does own the IP, Also, paying a VA to say a couple lines it pretty far away from developing a game. DNF's development has been pretty well detailed over the years.

Gearbox does own the IP, Also, paying a VA to say a couple lines it pretty far away from developing a game. DNF's development has been pretty well detailed over the years.

Yes, but the idea (not yours specifically, but the general consensus) that Gearbox had nothing to do with DNF's development is incorrect. Also, if DNF was a good game, everybody would be giving Gearbox the credit.

Yes, but the idea that Gearbox had nothing to do with DNF's development is incorrect. Also, if DNF was a good game, everybody would be giving Gearbox the credit.

Well they funded it and housed Triptych but as far as the actual development work it sounds like they didn't touch it and pretty much everything was done by the time they got involved. If DNF was a good game I'd be saying the same thing and would be hoping that they would make another instead of wishing Pitchford had just let it die instead of getting nostalgic about his time at 3DRealms.

err woops forgot it was the patch that came out right before the claptrap expansion that raised the level cap. kept thinking that was an expansion for some reason.

"For so long" lol, the games been out a little over 3 months .. And within the first month the halo kids were already whining for a lvlcap increase, many of them because they already burned themselves out after duping and savefile modding made everything stale.

You gotta look at it from the dev's point of view, its a delicate balance timing the increase and trying to piss the least amount of people off, since all the nerds that spend hundreds of hours farming legendaries will suddenly have obsolete gear. An increase too soon after release and they've got that group up in arms.

Lvlcap won't increase with Tuesday's DLC but they've promised it for Q1 (translation March). If youre finding "no reason to play" it means time to step away for a month, come back roll a new toon and its fresh again, this worked for me.

why even have the cap at all though, why not just make it exponentially harder to level up but never have a cap at all. then you always have something to work toward and gives the game an extended purpose to continue playing.
level caps were always the one thing i hated about games these days that use a level system. you hit it and then its like wtf do i do now, might as well find a new game to play.

Last edited:
why even have the cap at all though, why not just make it exponentially harder to level up but never have a cap at all. then you always have something to work toward and gives the game an extended purpose to continue playing.
level caps were always the one thing i hated about games these days that use a level system. you hit it and then its like wtf do i do now, might as well find a new game to play.

This would be outstanding in any number of games.

Shotguns are terrible in my experience.
Magazine Size - 9*
Reload time - 5
*uses 4 ammunition per shot

∙Fixed inventory scrolling bug

oh whoops guess we'll be leaving that one in.

Ugh, this one bit me in the ass last night. Found a much needed good corrosive weapon, a Tediore Plasma Caster and ended up accidentally selling it due to that bug.

Shotguns are terrible in my experience.
Magazine Size - 9*
Reload time - 5
*uses 4 ammunition per shot

The double barreled are some of the best, IMO. Very fast reload times, and if your character has improved reload speeds, just backpedal a bit and let 'er rip. They're also great for the mechromancer, because you're constantly reloading for anarchy; plus you never have to worry about accidentally reloading manually.

Ugh, this one bit me in the ass last night. Found a much needed good corrosive weapon, a Tediore Plasma Caster and ended up accidentally selling it due to that bug.
There's an area in that vendor interface that lets you buy back the weapon as long as you don't leave that session. I think the price is the same as what you sold it for so there's no loss.

Back