Google+ One-Ups Rivals With Zoomable Photos

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Google+ is going to finally become the dominant social media site on the planet! How? Zoomable photos! :D

Flickr, Facebook, and other photo-sharing sites offer a larger view of photos, but it's usually at least one click away from the smaller photo that shows by default. Google offers that ability, and last night went one step further by letting people use the mouse scroll wheel to dive further into a photo. Once zoomed in, clicking and dragging lets people pan around to explore the photo at the deeper zoom level.

Looks like it's time to zoom in to look for nipple slips! YEA!

One of the things I dislike on websites (Amazon does this) is when you click to zoom and it gets smaller because the original was tiny and it can only zoom to 1:1 scale. I know there's not so much their fault, but still. :D

For no reason at all (ok, I have no friends) I just canceled my facebook account... but NOW I know the reason.... *goes to upload images of cat and other inanimate object around house to play with fancy zoom feature*

*yawn ... There's an extension for Google Chromes browser called "Hover Zoom" that's been around for a while and does nearly the same thing.

Back