Bitcoin-Based Gambling to Expand in 2013

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Bitcoin is riding to the rescue of American gamblers who like to visit overseas gambling sites. The sticking point with American gamblers was the tracking of currency exchange between American banking institutions and online gambling sites in other countries. Online gambling has been illegal in the US since 2006 and the introduction of Bitcoin into the gambling mix will now solve that problem easily.

“Because we’re using Bitcoin, we’re not using US banks—it’s all peer-to-peer,” Hajduk told Businessweek. “I don’t believe we’ll be doing anything wrong.”

C'mon people, take control of currency out of the hands of governments and banks.

Its right here, it works, the keys to liberty are in our grasp...all we have to do is pick them up.

This makes an awful lot of sense. Too bad it's a workaround for a problem that shouldn't even exist.

I agree. It makes a lot of sense and I am suprised none of the big sites have tried it before now.

I'm excited to see where this leads us, just hope we don't lose suddenly our current currency, I got a lot saved up right now :/

So you gamble with a currency that fluctuates in price so is a risky gamble too? This must go deeper.

Buying bitcoins is almost impossible unless you want some shady people having direct access to your bank account.

Buying bitcoins is almost impossible unless you want some shady people having direct access to your bank account.

Is Dwolla shady? You can purchase bitcoins via Dwolla to an exchange or money order, check, etc to some. Or there are services you can send funds via MoneyGram and receive bitcoins as well. It is incredibly easy to acquire bitcoins without someone shady going into your bank account.

There are several ways to obtain bitcoins.

• Deposit cash into somebody else's bank account to obtain bitcoins.
  • Mine them.
  • Sell something of value for them.
  • Provide a service and accept bitcoins.
  • Buy bitcoins via PayPal.
  • Sell giftcards, such as amazon gift cards, for bitcoin.
  • Many other ways to get bitcoins.

A place to trade in the bitcoin economy:
http://bitcoin-otc.com/

Here is one of the most comprehensive service sites to obtain and sell bitcoins:
www.bitinstant.com

The wheels are already in motion. If you’re looking for a exchange I can’t tell you. Remember, the servers are the same, but sites, well, they adapt. They exploit. Watch how this fiscal cliff played out. This is the run-up to the next big economic event.

I can easily see where online currency might be desired. But, this sorta thing brings with it certain very big problems. It lends itself to fraud way too easy. One of the biggest reasons that countries (especially the US) have such financial trouble is this idea that "we can just print more money". Money cannot be treated this way. Everyone knows that nothing is truly "safe" on the net. People that use this should expect to lose whatever is invested. Paypal is this closest thing that has ever worked and even that comes with problems. In short....Bitcoin is for fools.

Well, at least you are better at FUD than old man.

We will see who the fools are.

Down with the establishment! It's so horri-bad! Up with the new establishment! All while forgetting that pretty much everything that people come up with for themselves ends up being pretty much lame and stupid, but it's new and because thing x or reason y, it's unique this time and won't be as dumb as the last thing humanity did. :)

Yo dawg I heard you like losing money so we put a foolish money losing venture on your foolish money losing venture so you can go broke while you go broke.

(Seriously, people go bankrupt on these things, and worse yet drag their loved ones with them. It'd be sad if they weren't such fervent true believers(tm), in which case it's hilarious.)

Back