Scientist Invent A Robot That Vomits

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess using a vomiting robot is better than relying on live test subjects but damn...that thing is just gross. :eek:

Sometimes inventions, even the important ones, aren't pretty. Case in point: this vomiting robot. It could help us understand, and then battle, an illness that no one's found a cure for in 40 years. Even if it's not the cutest 'bot out there.

I can already picture that robot at some point becoming self-aware and murmering out "KILL ME".

Reminds me of the classic movie The Ice Pirates where the robot unscrews his belly button, oil/hydraulic fluid shoots out, and he crumples to the ground. :)

Since when is vomiting itself "an illness"? It's a symptom of an illness (many illnesses, actually,) not an illness itself. That's like saying we haven't been able to cure coughing.

Since when is vomiting itself "an illness"? It's a symptom of an illness (many illnesses, actually,) not an illness itself. That's like saying we haven't been able to cure coughing.

I guess that short article was too hard to read. Norovirus.

BRO BOT LIVES!

5509104606_f20fda36e5_z.jpg

hmm so a simulation of how norovirus is spread by vomiting but i dunno how that will help to come up with a vaccine if one is possible (i have limited understanding of this area of medicine so could be wrong) i thought doctors allready knew about the spread of the irus by vomit etc.

+1 for vomit coming out the nose.

-1 for lack of chunks.

;)

Thought: they're looking at this the wrong way.

They should be trying to test dog stomach acid and taste buds. All they need to do is make stomach acid taste better. Dogs don't mind. Think of all the starving children we could feed if we weren't flushing all that food down the toilet.

/problem

Wait your body ejecting harmful material like food poisoning bacteria is an illness?

I was expecting something that looked like my cat, a lean, mean, four-legged puking machine. I wonder if this robot has the mysterious ability to hit carpet no matter where you put it?

Will they solve the mystery of how something you don't remember eating within the last year, got into your vomit?

Back