Slender: The Arrival Trailer

WHAT?! WAIT! No guns? What else is there to do in a computer game but to shoot something?! :D

... looks good. These "scary" games get me everytime. First scaryish game that made me jump was F.E.A.R. Maybe this will, too.

There are literally seventeen vigintillion Slenderman games out there now. There were so many on Greenlight that a subgenre was proposed.

STOP MAKING THESE GAMES. STOP. STOP. STOP. STOP. STOP.

There are literally seventeen vigintillion Slenderman games out there now. There were so many on Greenlight that a subgenre was proposed.

TIL four = "seventeen vigintillion". I found four of them on Steam. Is that all you need to consider a sub-genre? :rolleyes:

this reminds me of the best movie ever.. blair witch... and the games were soooo soooo badddddd :D

Graphics à la 2004 called...

What? This looks like Cryengine 2 maybe even 3 with decent 3rd party modeling and textures. What's so bad about it?

TIL four = "seventeen vigintillion". I found four of them on Steam. Is that all you need to consider a sub-genre? :rolleyes:

Yeah agree. There is only a handful of them out there. Maybe this guy was including the SCP series of games when he made his statement?

How did this gay legend start anyway? Never heard of this until last year and now every emo out there likes slenderman.

How did this gay legend start anyway? Never heard of this until last year and now every emo out there likes slenderman.

It was literally created on the S.Awful forums a couple years ago.

And little tweens bought it and crapped their colective pants with it -.-

This is from the same person that created the original game. All those other games are just copy cat cash grabs.

I guess I haven't been paying attention, but this whole slander man is new to me. Though I'm pretty sure I've seen faceless creatures before this, in Silent Hill I believe. I guess the suit thing is new though :p

Graphics à la 2004 called...

Tell that to World of Warcraft and any kind of mobile/tablet/cheap-ass set top box gaming!

People wonder why AMD/nvidia no longer care about making graphics cards and intel is slowing down CPU development. There's no longer the gaming push that moved it along before. Everyone is content with Core i-X & ARM performance of now :(

Sad times.

Really? First I've ever heard of it, lol.

I'm not impressed by the trailer.

The graphics look decent enough, pretty good actually. But just a slenderman popping up here and there isn't spooky.

I'm a huge fan of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and I can't wait for the sequel, A Machine for Pigs. That should be out within a few months, and I can't wait. TDD was masterful, even if the graphics were so-so.

Its like Allen Wake, except the only enemy in the game is a tall, lanky white dude that seems to teleport.

Vigintillion = Vagina Trillion?

How the fuck did you come up with that word?

I guess I haven't been paying attention, but this whole slander man is new to me. Though I'm pretty sure I've seen faceless creatures before this, in Silent Hill I believe. I guess the suit thing is new though :p

The modern day incarination started as an exercise in Photoshopping to scare paranoid 'tin-foil' hat wearing conspiracy enthusiasts. Trying to photoshop 'The Tall Man' // 'Slenderman' into as many photos from different time periods/areas as possible. A very tall skinny, featureless character in a slightly dated looking suit. A thread was then made on a conspiracy website and 4-chan like members started to post their many fairly-well done photoshops.

Tell that to World of Warcraft and any kind of mobile/tablet/cheap-ass set top box gaming!

People wonder why AMD/nvidia no longer care about making graphics cards and intel is slowing down CPU development. There's no longer the gaming push that moved it along before. Everyone is content with Core i-X & ARM performance of now :(

Sad times.
Consoles have stunted advancement as well, since they locked into DX9 and most developers can't be bothered to enhance anything for PC.

anyone remember a time when games weren't all themed of a flavor of the month pop culture theme?

Seems to be all zombies, brown army dudes, blocks and now slenderers.

The modern day incarination started as an exercise in Photoshopping to scare paranoid 'tin-foil' hat wearing conspiracy enthusiasts. Trying to photoshop 'The Tall Man' // 'Slenderman' into as many photos from different time periods/areas as possible. A very tall skinny, featureless character in a slightly dated looking suit. A thread was then made on a conspiracy website and 4-chan like members started to post their many fairly-well done photoshops.
Although it was barely a b-movie by 70's standards, the 'Tall Man' will always be the mortician from the film, Phantasm.

Back