Report: Stuxnet Attacks Again

HardOCP News

[H] News
I like how the media, when talking about the Stuxnet worm, always makes it sound like the worm is jumping out of bushes attacking people. :D

An Iranian semi-official news agency says there has been another cyberattack by the sophisticated computer worm Stuxnet, this time on the industries in the country's south. Tuesday's report by ISNA quotes provincial civil defense chief Ali Akbar Akhavan as saying the virus targeted a power plant and some other industries in Hormozgan province in recent months.

Stuxnet...so with that said, some agencies need to stop committing terrorism (Well at the same time complaining and murdering over it. It's hypocritical).

the issue here is that Iran does not hide the fact that as soon as it has a viable nuclear rocket, it will wipe Israel off the map. it's in the best interest of the entire region that the regime currently within Iran does not weaponize it's energy program. considering Stuxnet is "open-source" any nation that has a vested interest in Iran NOT having nuclear weapons could be behind this.

the issue here is that Iran does not hide the fact that as soon as it has a viable nuclear rocket, it will wipe Israel off the map. it's in the best interest of the entire region that the regime currently within Iran does not weaponize it's energy program. considering Stuxnet is "open-source" any nation that has a vested interest in Iran NOT having nuclear weapons could be behind this.

Iran never said that they would wipe Israel off of the map. That was a deliberate mistranslation on the part of the chicken hawks looking to stir up yet another excuse to go to war. What they said was "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time". One implies the complete destruction of the state and its contents and another attacks only the government (and doesn't even imply a cause of direct action on Iran's part). There is a huge difference.

I would also point out that "to wipe off the map" is an English idiom that has absolutely no meaning in Persian (believe it or not, there are other languages in the world besides English). That alone should have been enough for any intelligent person to realize that the "translation" was a farce.

Iran never said that they would wipe Israel off of the map. That was a deliberate mistranslation on the part of the chicken hawks looking to stir up yet another excuse to go to war. What they said was "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time". One implies the complete destruction of the state and its contents and another attacks only the government (and doesn't even imply a cause of direct action on Iran's part). There is a huge difference.

This is exactly the conclusion I came away with after watching/reading about Iran. It seems it's very easy in this day to use smear campaigns to ones advantage, greatly! People need to look at the world as a whole and get views from a few different angles before making final judgements on important things that could potentially involve so much destruction. Otherwise we just have more uninformed bad information pushers misinforming others. Just because people yell the loudest and are the most heard doesn't mean they're being truthful or right.

Iran is about as evil as every other nation the US wants something from.

I would also point out that "to wipe off the map" is an English idiom that has absolutely no meaning in Persian (believe it or not, there are other languages in the world besides English). That alone should have been enough for any intelligent person to realize that the "translation" was a farce.

When you combine "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" with holocaust denial and the history of that region, I think that it's not too far to assume that Iran's government has a real problem with all the people of Isreal too, and not just the people running the place.

When you combine "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" with holocaust denial and the history of that region, I think that it's not too far to assume that Iran's government has a real problem with all the people of Isreal too, and not just the people running the place.

Other than their shithead of a President, Iranians don't deny the Holocaust happened.

Of course, if Iran used malware to attack US computers, it would be labeled as a terrorist attack.

Yea, I didn't get that either. I've mentioned it in the past, too. The USA can use cyber attacks and other means to get what they want and it's A-OK, but an Iranian farts on US soil, and it's a terrorist attack. Very hypocritical. I guess we make our own rules as we go, and can break them. Who's really going to stop us? Soviets are gone leaving Russia fairly behind when it comes to military power. Who else? China? Maybe. The USA is very power hungry and has been for the past century or more. I love my country, but there are times when I seriously don't like what they do.

Who's really going to stop us?

I could write a short story on how I could imagine that the US gets stopped but it'd require me going completely full tin foil hat....lol. So for a short answer, probably similarly to Rome, from the corruption within. Like a cancer.

America will never be conquered. Our fall will be of our own doing. I'm also fairly confident a founding father said the same thing.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a cancer from within or corruption. Entitlement sure, but there comes a time when everyone else in the world is going to stop allowing the US to take advantage of them and say F off. Peter Schiffs take on the stranded islanders all working to feed one guy was the perfect analogy.

This stuxnet thing is just another issue of blatant hypocrisy of the United States which the world community sees daily.

Other than their shithead of a President, Iranians don't deny the Holocaust happened.

I really should have been clearer that I was mostly talking about that shithead. I think there's some other people in his cabinet that have said something similar, but I think it's the president that most people hate.

Hating a group of people in general is something I find to be a waste of time. My hate is an exhaustable resource and I don't want to waste it on people that might or might not have done something deserving of it.

Back