Merry Xmas Google Employees: Choose Your Own Present

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Google has readied a special gift array for its employees this year rather than presenting a one-size-fits-all parting present for the Christmas break. This is why Google is consistently one of the top rated employers in the corporate world.

Rather than a Nexus 4, sources tell us that Google offered a choice between the latest Samsung Chromebook, a Motorola RAZR M smartphone or a Google Nexus 7 tablet.

Very nice Christmas bonus. I imagine most of their employees already own those products, but free Nexus 7? Heck yes.

Very nice Christmas bonus. I imagine most of their employees already own those products, but free Nexus 7? Heck yes.

Loving mine more every day. Bought the Nexus 10 but sent it back - was awesome but returned it strictly on the basis that the Nexus 7 is more portable, tote-able.

And now theyre about to release a dock for the N7 to finally make use of those mystery contacts on the side. Hog heaven, baby.

all we got was a craptastic food trucked in from some place called "Cotton Patch Cafe" - really sucked. and by that I mean I took one bite, threw it away and finished my "free" Dr. Pepper they gave me.

I'm an IT guy for the Walgreens Distribution center in North texas - let me tell you nothing says "we lovee our employees" like being rushed to eat some dry turkey and hard rolls off a paper plate just so I can go and fix some asshats fuckup on our system.

Some people get bonuses in the thousands, some people get cool tech toys, I got a soda.

P.S. -- never shop at walgreens, they are evil if you know how they run their business from the inside.

all we got was a craptastic food trucked in from some place called "Cotton Patch Cafe" - really sucked. and by that I mean I took one bite, threw it away and finished my "free" Dr. Pepper they gave me.

I'm an IT guy for the Walgreens Distribution center in North texas - let me tell you nothing says "we lovee our employees" like being rushed to eat some dry turkey and hard rolls off a paper plate just so I can go and fix some asshats fuckup on our system.

Some people get bonuses in the thousands, some people get cool tech toys, I got a soda.

P.S. -- never shop at walgreens, they are evil if you know how they run their business from the inside.

Hey at least you got something I am self employed I got nothing but stress.

my job www.pcmedcenter.com its just me and my boss, and we have been so freaking busy this year. so no bonus for me either lol but every blue moon he gives me paid days off

We should have a [H] what did you do for your Christmas party thread. I for one played Counter Strike for a pot of $40, and got free pizza while on the clock, not a bad day.

I work for the government... all I get is a smile and a handshake. (if that)

Very cool. I received a HoneyBaked mini-ham(tasty!) and lost 6 days of 2013 PTO(not tasty).

I get a free turkey from WalMart. Whoopie. I haven't even claimed it for the last 3 years.

I got a 1% bonus of my salary & the Pres gave an executive order for Dec. 24th to be a holiday for gov't employees. Can't really complain. :)

I work for the government... all I get is a smile and a handshake. (if that)

I hear you there. If it wasn't for hugs from my students (only accepted in the company of other adults, and in view of school security cameras; for legal purposes, have to love our new reality), all I would have gotten was a pay cut for Christmas. And a rising insurance premium, copay, and prescription cost. Merry Christmas!

I hear you there. If it wasn't for hugs from my students (only accepted in the company of other adults, and in view of school security cameras; for legal purposes, have to love our new reality), all I would have gotten was a pay cut for Christmas. And a rising insurance premium, copay, and prescription cost. Merry Christmas!

Right? Yeah our premiums went up too effectively outstripping my raise sooo...I lost money this year :(

Oh and I got a stocking full of mini candies (snickers, twix etc). They won't even let me go home early even though I've been sitting here on company time screwing around on the internet the past hour, hah.

Got a weeks pay. And, not really a christmas bonus but was just recently announced cost of insurance went down, got 5 paid holidays and two floating holidays added

After MSFT employees got a free Lumia 920 or HTC 8X and a 32GB Surface with touch keyboard and a bonus for shipping Windows 8? Yeah - Google had to do it.

I got to work Christmas Day for a single Dish Network service call (I'm a field service technician), which the customer ended up rescheduling anyway because they weren't home. Sure, I get a $100 bonus and time and a half for working on a holiday, but I probably lose my normal performance incentive bonus because I technically didn't do any jobs today.

Everyone where I work, from the receptionist to senior managers, gets a bonus equivalent to 2 weeks pay after they have worked 2 years with the company. Less than 2 years and the amount is prorated based on the amount of time with the firm. Also, each work group goes out to a local restaurant they choose. Each year there is also some small gift with the company logo. Last year is was a nice umbrella and this year it was a garment bag.

I work in internal IT for a midsize accounting firm.

We give everybody 2 weeks pay at year's end.
We try to give as many days off and lighten the schedules as much as possible the last two weeks of the year so people can spend more time with their family.

But, we are a small business and if we don't work......no money comes in.:D

Instead of a Christmas Party, we usually have a big BBQ bash in July. For Christmas we just buy a shit-ton of goodies like nice chocolates and cookies.......fresh daily over the holidays.

Back