Ubisoft To Buy THQ Assets?

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to anonymous sources cited in this article, Ubisoft has plans to buy up THQ's assets. Good news? Bad news?

Ubisoft is one of the front-runners in the bid to buy THQ's assets, MCV understands. We have been told that the French firm is keen to take over the publisher's brands and studios once THQ works through its current financial problems.

I hope valve buy them instead, I dont want that ubisoft drm cra[

BAD NEWS, VERY BAD NEWS!

I'd rather a more reputable company that isn't Ubisoft or EA get THQ's assets. Valve may not be the most reputable company, but they're the most respected. They should consider buying them.

I'd rather not trust Microsoft either, they killed the Age of Empires franchise after buying out Big Huge Games. AoE Online isn't what I would consider a worth sequel to the franchise. Microsoft has a habit of buying out companies, taking their licenses and IP and scuttling the rest.

Ubisoft is just going to slap more stupid DRM onto the games, and provide even more worse customer support like they currently do.

good news for console gaming..

HORRENDOUS news for pc gaming.

Truthfully, not surprising, i read before they are the leading company in wanting to buy THQ.

IMO it's better than having EA manage it and them putting all THQ games only on Origin.

IMO it's better than having EA manage it and them putting all THQ games only on Origin.

thats better than ubishit touching it. which is sad to say considering how often EA manages to screw up franchises.

I already won't buy any Ubi games... Oh well. I've mostly been gaming on Linux w/Indie games lately anyway. :)

ANYONE BUT UBI!!! Omfg...

Dear Valve,

PLEASE buy THQ.

Thank you

Ubi have actually stepped away from DRM, and put really nice effort into their games, far more so than EA and Activision, and Ubi are the only ones likely to pick up THQ assets - very suitable for that accquisition after all.

Fuck me running. I hope this doesn't happen. I don't want Ubisoft anywhere near Company of Heroes 2. It would be like EA ruining Command and Conquer all over again!

Fuck me running. I hope this doesn't happen. I don't want Ubisoft anywhere near Company of Heroes 2. It would be like EA ruining Command and Conquer all over again!

That is my fear if Ubisoft buys THQ-- ruining another great franchise.

I dislike THQ more than any other publisher, and that says a lot considering EA and Activision are around.

I'd love to see THQ get bought Zynga. They'd at least start publishing games that all of us want to play instead of appealing to the rather small RTS niche.

What the hell has Valve been doin all these years while sitting in the corner quietly raking in tons of cash via Steam? Fuck, can't Valve buy THQ?

Those hoping for a Valve buy out, wouldn't hope for it, they aren't known for buying out IP's and have plenty of their own. Don't get me wrong I would love it if they did because Ubisoft will ruin all of this.

Bad news? This is a depressing news :(

Reason I wanted THQ to say alive because I wanted to have more publishers to chose from. Ubisoft or EA buying them over would be the exact opposite.

Does that mean maybe? :D

i'm immune to your trolling, you know this lol
QmMEm.jpg

i'm immune to your trolling, you know this lol

Curse you signature for giving me away again! :mad: I have to change that to something much more serious so that people don't suspect anything and think everything I say is completely true.

WH40k, RedFaction, COH, DarkSiders, Metro, SaintsRow, the first STALKER all that ubishit style?!?!?!. This is fuking depressing as hell, I need a trip to Bevmo, I raise my glass to THQ they deserve it while they lasted.

Here's another vote for Valve buying THQ, especially with THQ taking a hard look at also making games on Linux.

Ubisoft WH40k? I don't fucking think so.

luckily, games workshop has a say in licensing warhammer 40k. pity they dumped the idea of a 40k mmo. the setting is perfect for that. i'd play a kommisar with 200 imperial guard pets and lag out everyone.

I haven't really seen anything THQ has released that has really impressed me (other than maybe red faction), so honestly I am somewhat indifferent.

What the hell has Valve been doin all these years while sitting in the corner quietly raking in tons of cash via Steam? Fuck, can't Valve buy THQ?

Absolutely NOTHING. And that is why Valve should not be mentioned as a potential suitor. They don't do anything. We'll get Company of Heroes: Hat Party Edition instead of Company of Heroes 2

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

In all honesty though, besides the 5 patches before Future Soldier became acceptably playable (which, shit, at least they did something about it), Ubi seems to be doing more with console ports for the PC crowd than the "other" guys.

So while I agree that Ubisoft is by no means the BEST choice...THQ could go to a MUCH worse company. Plus, it really says a lot about the "good" guys when they seem to have no interest. So, it's either Ubisoft or a lot worse...which do you want? I'd choose Ubi.

At least if it goes to Ubi they will continue to make games. I know the Valve fanboys won't hear it, but Gabe Newell doesn't care about making games anymore. He's bathing in your hard earned dollars like a fat swine in mud, all from Steam (Valves DRM system, another thing you fanboys don't get).

Uplay is a disaster, but at least we would still get games.

Back