amazon open box GTX 680 starting @ $365 and GTX 670 starting @ $318 + FS

Shows used to me, or does amazon open-box mean used? I thought open-box are supposed to be returns?

Might want to check with the manufacturer also. EVGA might cover it.

I don't know if I consider these too hot? 670's have been down to $330 and 680s to around $420, albeit those were sales. I don't know the cheapest price today... Regardless the warranty would be good to look into, EVGA, MSI, Asus use serial numbers generally, but that can mean it's been manufactured in the spring so you would have 1-2 years if they do honor them.

Warranty from SquareTrade is ridiculously overpriced.. $45, and only 1 year :rolleyes:

I don't see how this is hot. These prices are simply where supply and demand have put the cost of these video cards now. It's not like a discount, special or sale.

Well at these prices I will not bite, not without warranty, but at the priced kdu got, I would lol

they are all warrantied without receipt, and you get warranty from manufacturer date, and the warranties go with the product not with the person who bought them. So I don't understand why everyone here is worried about warranty. How is this any different then you picking up a used card from anyone else here at the forum, evga, gigabyte both warranty their cards from date of manufacture, not when and where you bought it.

Zotac doesn't go by serial anyway (unless I am very misinformed). Evga does and Gigabyte seems to.

The point is more that these are not very great deals anyway.
GTX 680 new $420 AR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162096
GTX 670 new $330 AR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133452

Yeah I realize the 670 ftw is better then that particular linked card above, but you are still paying close to or even over the price of a new card for a used card. Basically the point is that I don't consider these much of a hot deal.

/\ yep and on BF I got 2 free games that ended up selling for $50 making my gigabyte 670 about $280.

cards were sent back for a reason and screw a 30 day warranty. if they dont have any more confidence than that in the product then why should I? and as already mentioned, those cards could be had brand new for just a little more than that if you caught the right deals. I know the gtx670 ftw was $359 not long ago.

For whatever reason there are a lot of 670 deals today. Haven't received the card yet but I'll be returning it when it arrives. Jumped on the Galaxy GTX670 OC for $305 on Tigerdirect.

Does amazon tests these cards? Run a benchmark for a couple of minutes to see if no crashing or artifacts occur?

Man, Amazon Warehouse Deals has sent me some boxes with stuff rattling around that I promptly sent back. Once I got a motherboard with pins bent, PCB bent, thermal paste smeared -- it was like a bad joke.

Newegg has done that to me as well -- one motherboard arrived with its box slashed down one side, no CPU socket cover. Another time I ordered an open box GTX295 and received it with no inner box. The poor thing was thrown into an antistatic bag and then dumped into a brown box. It arrived with the bracket bent into nearly a Z shape.

Just be sure to test whatever you get from the Warehouse.

Back