Street Fighter X Tekken 75% off ($12.49 on Steam)

Gabriel

2[H]4U
I haven't heard much about it... do you think it is worth getting at this price? I do like SSF4AE.

Same graphical style, adds Tekken style tagging with new chars (obviously). I wish there were more diversity with the levels, but it's pretty fun.

Good Game , But Like with any other fighting games. After a couple hour's it just sits idle in ur gamelog never to be seen again. (unless u got friends and 2 remotes :) then it's pretty kick ass)

SFVTekken has really dropped off from what I can see. It fell off quick price wise and sale. MY copy for xbox went from being worth $40 to about $10 a couple weeks ago. My personal opinion is that it's similar to MVC more than SF but lacking the depth of either. It's a fairly shallow beat'm up. BAYOR.

Online play requires software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows - LIVE
I'll pass.

I have Dirt 2 and love it. But for me, this game isn't worth the hassle of GFWL.

It's a great game. Gfx card u don't need it maxed out. U can mix it up with diff combos and mix ip plentiful. Specs wise u can max out without having latest hardware. It's only friends over and have some arcade sticks out to play.

I was going to buy it but stopped after reading the steam forum. There are 12 characters missing and still not out yet even as DLC. They are also about 2 patches behind the console version of the game. Till that gets rectified I'd wait for the next sale of this game before buying. No sense in buying a game with no support from the company that made it.

I wish more people played fighting games on PC. I'm thinking of getting sf4 AE but I don't know if people still play that.

yeah people still play that. Its AE 2012 balance edition now. Yun is not as powerful as was before, and actually kinda sucky. But it made my main charecter buffed out. Thats why I like it. Not sure if PC edition plays online. But xbox isnt that bad, and has the better players no doubt. Hit me up for some rounds of hadokens....

Shoryuken Outz.

Streetfighter vs DOA with DOA style (multiple floors and various electrical fences and such) That could be fun.

They do, i play almost every day. Got a pretty big friends list as well.

ditto this. Wish there were more ae pc players. I always sign on and there's barely anyone in endless.

in regards to sfxt, good deal but the game right now isn't that great imo. The 2013 patch should make it a lot better from what I've read, but who knows when that will come out for pc.

I picked it up. Donno if they fixed some of the issues with this game from launch which included laggy online play and easy 2 move 100% corner juggles which couldn't be broken (I think with Jems).

Didn't this game get kicked off of EVO?
I can't take this seriously if noone else is.
I seem to remember some BS with on disc DLC and everything being locked until $$$. Not cool.
Tekken Tag 2, on the other hand, lets you access all the characters that are on the disc, but thats not what this thread is about, now is it?

I hope they also learn..... that we don't like GFWL
No buy

I couldnt pass this up, i installed it in my Arcade machine running Hyperspin and this game works great with my XArcade tanksticks.

Could you post a tutorial on how you installed a steam game and launched through hyperspin? I am in the process of building a dedicated htpc/hyperspin rig. Thanks.

Could you post a tutorial on how you installed a steam game and launched through hyperspin? I am in the process of building a dedicated htpc/hyperspin rig. Thanks.

If you can find a CD/DVD of the game you can install it off that and use the CD Key you got off Steam to activated it in the GFWL console. Only thing is any DLC you bought through Steam won't work. Same trick works with the prior 2 Street Fighter IV titles. I torrented the DVD for AE and used my Steam key to install it.

Also far as I know there is also a link where you can launch Steam titles into it (same way you can turn Steam titles into Windows 8 tiles).

I snagged a copy. What controllers should I get myself for xmas that would work well with this? Just usb xbox for pc controllers?

Madcatz Fightstick Pro or TE

EDIT: Should of mentioned I recommend the Xbox 360 version, I had to many problems with my PS3, but the Xbox 360 one works perfectly.

EDIT2: The Pro is one of the newer versions of the TE (Tournament Editions).

Last edited:
You can either get the xbox, or ps3 madcatz TE Stick. Get the correct drivers for which stick your going to get. Its fun and after driver install, you dont have to preset buttons most time.

Add friend request to XBL Krazyaznflip808

want to get hadoken, and thanks guys for the replies.

I snagged a copy. What controllers should I get myself for xmas that would work well with this? Just usb xbox for pc controllers?

Xbox, ps3, and pc usb game pads will work for it. Arcade sticks will probably work too.

Hit me up on steam gilbert_pwns and add me if you wanna team up. Preferably Cali area so the connection isn't laggy.

Super Street Fighter 4 is free on PS3 for PS+ members right now :eek: basically same game minus tekken characters.

Not even close to being the same game. Its alot easier to combo in SFXT then in SSF4AE2012. Their is more timing strictness, and easier to drop combo's. I like something thats well balanced, and need good ground base.

Hit me up for xbox live matches at GT my name. THanks!

Back