Bill Gates 4th Most Powerful Person On The Planet

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bill Gates is ranked #4 on Forbes' Most Powerful list. If that wasn't enough, he also ranked higher on the list than the Pope. :eek: Other notable tech-industry execs include Sergey Brin & Larry Page tied #20, Jeff Bezos at #27 and Tim Cook at #35.

The world's second-richest man is worth $65 billion?and that's after giving away more than $28 billion. Gates' post-Microsoft mission includes eliminating many infectious and deadly diseases: By his own estimates, that could translate into 8 million lives saved by 2020. But the quintessential activist billionaire doesn't stop there: Gates continues to persuade his peers to sign the "Giving Pledge," promising to give away half their wealth or more.

6 posts down will be an angry rant about Bill Gates bringing back eugenics and how he is hellbent on destroying 3rd world countries.

Pretty impressive ... sandwiched right between Putin (#3) and the Pope (#5) ... nice to have a techy that high in the power structures :D

#1 - USA :cool:
#2 - Germany
#3 - Russia
#4 - Microsoft
#5 - The Catholics

.....nothing has changed since WWII

That man. That fucking beautiful man.

Hate or love MS, windows, etc. Bill Gates is the kind guy I wish more wealthy people were like. Use your influence for good and give back. Not because you have to but because we are all in this together and you want to help.

That man. That fucking beautiful man.

Hate or love MS, windows, etc. Bill Gates is the kind guy I wish more wealthy people were like. Use your influence for good and give back. Not because you have to but because we are all in this together and you want to help.

I think history will look back on Bill Gates in much the same light as Alfred Nobel ... very few industrials are able to make such a lasting change in their lifetime and beyond ... kudos to BG for doing it while he is still alive :D

He should use some of that money to fix Windows 8.

Bill Gates is just bringing back eugenics in an attempt to oversee the American empire rule over Africa.

So predictable.

I couldn't stand Gates when he was the head of Microsoft. Just didn't like the guy at all. Once he left, I really think the guy is amazing and awesome. Just a great guy wanting to help the world in his lifetime and the future. Just an all around great guy.

I've always liked Microsoft and Windows, though.

I couldn't stand Gates when he was the head of Microsoft. Just didn't like the guy at all. Once he left, I really think the guy is amazing and awesome. Just a great guy wanting to help the world in his lifetime and the future. Just an all around great guy.

I've always liked Microsoft and Windows, though.

You know that he is still on the Board of MS, right?

He's only there because his contract stipulates that Steve Ballmer give him daily footrubs in return for mosquito nets and the occasional public endorsement of Microsoft's current strategies.

Where were you two posts ago? My predictions must be accurate!

He was spot on post number 8. You where post 2 so 6 posts away is 8. Muhahahahahaha Mr asshole I am today xD. I am in a really good mood.

Today 01:03 PM
LeninGHOLA 6 posts down will be an angry rant about Bill Gates bringing back eugenics and how he is hellbent on destroying 3rd world countries.

He's only there because his contract stipulates that Steve Ballmer give him daily footrubs in return for mosquito nets and the occasional public endorsement of Microsoft's current strategies.

Well, according to sources, he still gives opinion on major MS tech decisions (like killing the Courier for Win 8 interface).

I'm not sure I'm buying Bill Gates at #4. Putin I can understand, but does Gates even lift, bro?

Hope you didn't think I was trying to be an ass I just wanted to point that out :D

Also Mr. Gates have not heard much in the news about him lately.

Being corrected when I'm incorrect isn't the type of thing that bothers me.

Gates was in the news recently when Ballmer called him in to help let Sinofsky go.

I guess Forbes ignores the Rothschilds & Rockefellers -Trillionaires Of The World . Yeah they don't have any power.. :rolleyes:

As far as conspiracy theories go, Forbes magazine owners (Forbes family) are close friends with Rothschilds and also members of the same Masons group (which, includes the English Royal Family). So it would make sense to not put in the list the Rothschilds, specially as they are low profile (you can't ignore the Queen of England on the list as she is quite known). But you probably know this...

I guess Forbes ignores the Rothschilds & Rockefellers -Trillionaires Of The World . Yeah they don't have any power.. :rolleyes:

We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.-- William Casey, CIA Director (from first staff meeting in 1981)

All lies...MSM is nothing but a propaganda tool to dumb down the masses & its working very well if you look around.

6 posts down will be an angry rant about Bill Gates bringing back eugenics and how he is hellbent on destroying 3rd world countries.

2 posts down will be a post of someone butt-hurt that thinks Steve Jobs should have been high up and Bill Gates didn't do anything.

I don't see why Steve Jobs wasn't on the list! He let Apple from being a company no one remembered existed to being a patent trolling religious organization. Stupid list!

Yes, I do. Just not at the helm like he once was. I really had no reason not to like him, either. Just one of those things... Never did. Now that he's doing very well and helping humanity, I really do like the guy and wondering why I didn't like him. I'm coming to the conclusion that it was just me being a dick.

I am totally with you on this one. What about all the Old money which has been making money off of oil and other resources for about a 100yrs now? The same guy's who thought up the Federal Reserve Bank? He who controls the money technically controls the country.

Also being that the U.S. is in so much debt to china, doesn't that technically make our President Obama one of the least powerful as well. All China has to do is either do a proper account of their currency or sell all the us bonds and suddenly the dollar is worth pebbles on a beach.

I am totally with you on this one. What about all the Old money which has been making money off of oil and other resources for about a 100yrs now? The same guy's who thought up the Federal Reserve Bank? He who controls the money technically controls the country.

Also being that the U.S. is in so much debt to china, doesn't that technically make our President Obama one of the least powerful as well. All China has to do is either do a proper account of their currency or sell all the us bonds and suddenly the dollar is worth pebbles on a beach.

They would lose their biggest customer, and last I checked china is also deep in debt(just like almost every other country in the world)

Back