Everyone In US Under Virtual Surveillance

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are to believe this guy, the FBI records the e-mail of all U.S. citizens. I wonder if they read our spam too...or just the good stuff?

The FBI records the emails of nearly all US citizens, including members of congress, according to NSA whistleblower William Binney. In an interview with RT, he warned that the government can use this information against anyone.

I bet that we would be astonished as to how much we are survailed each year.

it would be interesting to see a chart by year and the growth of tech coupled with the loss
of our privacy

Is it bad that I think every member of congress should have their emails and such saved and recorded?

Well, you don't think those acres upon acres of supercomputers that the NSA uses are for weather research, do you?

This will happen, and will continue to happen regardless of if it's legal or not. It's part of how the US Government works. Not sure when it started (after WW2, cold war era?), but the Government has went the Big Brother route for a long time. Not really obvious about it, but it sure does happen.

Is it bad that I think every member of congress should have their emails and such saved and recorded?

Ditto on this. It's expected that when one works for a company that the owner/employer has the right to view data stored on that PC, ergo, since Congress works for us, we *should* be able to monitor non-classified data. But then members of Congress will just say "it's all classified". So, what's the point? We've already lost out power as citizens...

of course, everyone is monitored. however they dont record the records themselves they just use companies like google that records it for them.

The way he mentions "Naris Devices" without providing any substantial details about them sounds a bit kooky. If he were pressed on the issue I bet he would claim they were alien technology.

Seems like one of the few safe-guards we've have against corruption or at least corporate/extremely wealthy 'overlords' buying congressmen for their own political agendas. I'd go one step further and also allow the recording of all phones/cellphones registered in their names. I'm sure corrupt politicans would probably end up using 'burner' cellphones registered to a fake name so you'd almost have to like search members of congress on their way in/out of session, congressional buildings and other areas at random time to confiscate such items. It would take a lot of resources to manage/maintain this though and thus money/government waste.

I think in the end, you'd need almost like a Department of Homeland Security to take away all rights of politicians privacy and monitor them in their own homes, recording and watching everything they do, monitoring all the flights, strip searching them at airports and a few times a day when they enter or leave a congressional building -- you know -- treat them like 'Citizens' of the 'US'. Man, how could we afford to do such intensive survelliance on a select group of around 1,000 people? The cost would be absorbant. Ah, double-speak. Damn you, 1984.

It's not surprising, it is good to know, but the larger problem is that the public at large is as apathetic to this as it is ignorant to this. As long as the nanny state keeps cutting the welfare and SS checks and people keep getting their food stamps nobody's going to care. It's only when people become hungry, thirsty, cold, miserable, and desperate that they start to wake up and want to do something. Until it hits people personally it's a non-issue. That's American society today. The ones that actually care and want to do something to try to reverse this are routinely ridiculed by the ones manipulating the public perception and by their useful idiot minions. I watch it all unfold, and I am saddened, as I observe what was a great and unique concept in human history crumbling to dust. It was said that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. It seems the watchmen have all fallen asleep at their posts, and the citizenry is too drunk with stupidity and apathy to notice or care.

Guess i better post pointless replies on my other forum. :D

The way he mentions "Naris Devices" without providing any substantial details about them sounds a bit kooky. If he were pressed on the issue I bet he would claim they were alien technology.

ancient-aliens-guy-im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg

No, technology from the lost city of Atlantis.

Ahh shit...now the govt can see all my sexy conversations I've had with my wife. Oh well..

Seems like one of the few safe-guards we've have against corruption or at least corporate/extremely wealthy 'overlords' buying congressmen for their own political agendas. I'd go one step further and also allow the recording of all phones/cellphones registered in their names. I'm sure corrupt politicans would probably end up using 'burner' cellphones registered to a fake name so you'd almost have to like search members of congress on their way in/out of session, congressional buildings and other areas at random time to confiscate such items. It would take a lot of resources to manage/maintain this though and thus money/government waste.

I think in the end, you'd need almost like a Department of Homeland Security to take away all rights of politicians privacy and monitor them in their own homes, recording and watching everything they do, monitoring all the flights, strip searching them at airports and a few times a day when they enter or leave a congressional building -- you know -- treat them like 'Citizens' of the 'US'. Man, how could we afford to do such intensive survelliance on a select group of around 1,000 people? The cost would be absorbant. Ah, double-speak. Damn you, 1984.
Absolutely! I'm sure there are plenty of people that would volunteer to be part of a watchdog group that keeps tabs on politicians. Politicians are public servants, so why shouldn't we have access to their info? Public servant, meaning they're supposed to serve US, not the other way around. Sadly, that part's been perverted along with the rest of government. The three branches are also supposed to keep each other in check, but since they fail miserably at it we should be able to take over that role. And yes, they should be treated as citizens, not like the celebs they think they are (if you ask me, both groups should be treated as citizens).

This is a blatant breach of the constitution, if they get it into court they can stop it

... I'm sure there are plenty of people that would volunteer to be part of a watchdog group that keeps tabs on politicians. Politicians are public servants, so why shouldn't we have access to their info? Public servant, meaning they're supposed to serve US, not the other way around...

isn't that part of the job of our media agencies? yet, they fail every day. It would start out good, then, eventually, the private citizen reporting group would also become corrupt.

Isn't this the same kind of shit like when people claim any time you say "bomb" or "president" on the phone, etc it's automatically recorded, etc and that they've been doing that since the 60s/70s.

I'm flipping them the virtual bird.

COME GET ME!

But what your overlooking is that the information isn't being gathered by an unbiased observer but by another branch of the government with it's own goals and agenda.

Let's put it this way, which way is the information gathered from a Senator most likely to be used. Option A is if the Senator lies/steals/threatens you and your family or Option B when they opposed a program the NSA wants funded?

1) The corporations that run the country are dying to use this for extra lawsuits and looking behind the scenes, it will probably be a question of time

2) I would like to get an idea from super-official "need to know" sources how many attempts of terror are stopped every year from the work they do.

1) The corporations that run the country are dying to use this for extra lawsuits and looking behind the scenes, it will probably be a question of time.

Let me explain to you how this works: you see, the corporations finance Team America, and then Team America goes out... and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money.

That's the problem with big government, the bigger it gets the more corrupt it becomes.
Only real solution is limited/smaller government. Why would you bribe someone who couldn't do anything to help you because they where limited to only doing what is allowed by the constitution.

While it does have an attraction.... but I don't want their privacy invaded any more than mine. It's hypocrisy, no? Their work emails, though... yea, why not, that's there work email. And if it's not from a work email it should hold no power of it either. Not that it would really help but it might be a step in the right direction.

Isn't this the same kind of shit like when people claim any time you say "bomb" or "president" on the phone, etc it's automatically recorded, etc and that they've been doing that since the 60s/70s.

Yes. Dirka dirka muhammad jihad!

Well, you don't think those acres upon acres of supercomputers that the NSA uses are for weather research, do you?

Acutally, they don't do the supercomputer thing anymore because it's a waste of money. The NSA got into that cloud thing so they just use Amazon for compute power and pay Google a little extra for the Gold AdSense package.

If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear. If you have something to hide then encrypt your email. Either way it's a non-issue.

So they monitor everyone, yet they can't seem to find the government conspirators who walked thousands upon thousands of weapons to the Mexican cartels for the better part of the last decade......

So they monitor everyone, yet they can't seem to find the government conspirators who walked thousands upon thousands of weapons to the Mexican cartels for the better part of the last decade......

You must be some kind of racist, anti-immigrant, conspiracy theorist gun nut to be bringing that up. Don't you know the important issue right now is some sports star killing his wife and himself in such a way that no law would ever prevent someone from doing the same thing if they were committed to doing it? Bob Costas said so.

If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear. If you have something to hide then encrypt your email. Either way it's a non-issue.

What if you think you have nothing to hide then find yourself kidnapped indefinitely by a government agency?

Back