Galaxy MDT GT 610 Quad DVI - $9.99 amir at TigerDirect!

Galaxy

Gawd
Anyone needing a simple and compact card to hook up 4 displays? There's a smokin' deal on Galaxy's MDT GT 610 with quad DVI support right now at TigerDirect:

-Supports 4 DVI displays (2 discreet outputs) at up to 1920x1200, landscape orientation
-Bundled MDT EZY software sets desired window behavior with a single click
-Single slot form factor with quiet custom cooler
-Supports 2x1/3x1/4x1 span and 2x2 stack modes

$34.99 - $25 MIR = $9.99

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7381367

Last edited:
Um, the 610 is like less capable than many on chip GPUs, you can afford four monitors and you are looking at a 610 gpu?
Maybe I'm weird but the GT 610 just seems past.

well i might sell my comp combo or just the video card. if just the card i'd like to keep my triple display setup for now until i get another video card. i can game on my laptop if i need too. i do like watching vids on my triple setup :)

It isn't really geared for gaming or 3D graphics, but for those who want 4 hi-res displays from an inexpensive, single slot card with no external power requirements it's a great solution. Day trading, studio setups, and video walls are a few good examples. I have used one myself and Civ 5 is actually pretty decent on it though. I also ran 4 screens with 4 different HD videos and it worked quite well.

true? not? any comments on actual usage?

They do that mainly as a safety precaution. The maximum power draw for a card like this shouldn't be more than 25 watts tops (while running Furmark maybe). If you have a quality power supply and you are running midrange parts (Core i3 or Pentium) then you could even run it with 200 watts and it would be fine.

well i was thinking of pairing these with my m-itx combos im trying to get rid of and being a ion its only got a 90w psu

The 300W requirement a recommendation on the safe side that assumes the system is a full size desktop with 2 drives and a core i7 950. It may run on less but that depends on your specific system. It's rated for max power consumption of 29W if that helps.

Um, the 610 is like less capable than many on chip GPUs, you can afford four monitors and you are looking at a 610 gpu?
Maybe I'm weird but the GT 610 just seems past.

My friend wanted to be a rube, e.g. buy a $1500 Velocity Micro PC, or something similar, for... web browsing/business and web development, no HD video. My 2005 laptop GPU could add a monitor.

I did his build instead, with a 6670. If the price difference would benefit me in some way, this deal would be nice and the card would work for him.

He has some sort of... weird thing with monitors and would probably want 4 and overpay (but buy the wrong kind and negate EyeFinity. he didn't follow my build and bought an AMD processor and Intel mobo, and he tries to use the mobo DVI and the 6670 at the same time).

i'm unsure but does this card support monitors in a portrait setup? would like to keep my 3 monitors in portrait if i sell my 680

Can you span monitors A, B, C, and D into one monitor? In other words, if you have 4 monitors, can you span it to act as 1 big monitor.

Not with windows I dont think. Maybe with something like ultramon.

Confused how this could be weaker than IGP setups yet have the power to drive 4 monitors.

MDT runs in landscape orientation only- portrait mode is not supported.

You can do a 4x1 span with monitors A, B, C, and D, but it will technically appear as two pairs of displays in the control panel with A+B as one ultra-wide output and C+D as the 2nd. You can then either have it treat each pair as a single display with horizontal span mode or set it where windows will fit each individual screen like 4 discreet displays, but you can't merge the pair into a single discreet output.

true? not? any comments on actual usage?

Not true, but when you start getting to that power level for recommendations, it really starts to vary depending on the system (even more than the higher-end stuff, because they just recommend a bunch of extra power in that case (higher-end video cards usually call for 550w or 600w or 650w or whatever, but the number they give is ALWAYS ridiculously inflated for almost all systems, including most good gaming PCs), where it is not reasonable to recommend that in the value segment).

LOL, Galaxy made a typo. The first value should be $34.99.

Yes. Sad thing is I saw it, fixed it, and double checked it not 2 minutes after posting. Not sure what the deal was. You're smart guys though, I'm sure you got the idea.

Yes. Sad thing is I saw it, fixed it, and double checked it not 2 minutes after posting. Not sure what the deal was. You're smart guys though, I'm sure you got the idea.

I fathom some held out for a very tiny hope of this being a "money maker" deal. :p

Back