Facebook Hacks Its Employees

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want to teach your employees about cyberattacks? See if you can trick them into falling for common attacks so you know who the weak links in your company are. ;)

When Facebook teaches its staff about how to detect and prevent cyberattacks, there isn't some hum-drum Power Point presentation. Instead, it hacks its own employees.

...they received a prize such as a Facebook-branded shirt, bandana or sticker...

Bandanas and stickers...I guess it makes sense that the same people to whom Facebook appeals would be the kinda person to work for the company, but I'm kinda surprised Facebook hasn't gotten in trouble yet over child labor law violations.

Did that at my last job too. We sent out fake phishing emails, send out emails that contained VB scripts that would lock their computer and display annoying graphics and sounds. Some we showed them just how weak their passwords were by cracking them.

I must say, it was usually the most fun I had at that job. Even the planning and all of us trying to come up with creative ways to educate them. Although usually the boss man would have to have us dial it back a bit compared to what we really wanted to do. :rolleyes:

Awesome!

I think its an interesting approach and maybe even show employees just how bad it could get if they don't think before opening email attachments.

Awesome!

I think its an interesting approach and maybe even show employees just how bad it could get if they don't think before opening email attachments.

Yup, this trick is fun, a the poster above you said. The best is their explanation when they call you for help!

The best I can remember was "I was doing a lot of work and I think I locked up the computer," or "hey I think there is a virus on the network, my computer locked up, started beeping at me and all for no reason!"

Back