[1saleaday]Imation Apollo Expert 3TB External HDD USB 3.0 $102

Nice, you rock.
Finally got in on a halfway decent deal.

5 year warranty too - hopefully Imation will be around for a bit longer :LOL:

Something smells funny about that unit. Can't put my finger on it.

And warranty is 1yr, not 5. verify when you receive it.

Can't argue with feelings.

What makes you say that? Imation's website confirms 5 year warranty:
http://www.imation.com/en-US/Consum...rives/Apollo-Expert-D200-External-Hard-Drive/

Because 1saleaday stated 1 year, and because once distressed or refurb inventory hits sites like woot or 1saleaday, the terms often change. So better verify that serial# with Imation and confirm any warranty once you receive.

Understand that, generally speaking, sites like 1saleday aren't equivalent to Newegg or Amazon where new inventory makes its first stop, but a clearance system for inventory that a reseller wants to get rid of and these "deal sites" are the middleman.

Last edited:
Because 1saleaday stated 1 year, and because once distressed or refurb inventory hits sites like woot or 1saleaday, the terms often change. So better verify that serial# with Imation and confirm any warranty once you receive.

Understand that, generally speaking, sites like 1saleday aren't equivalent to Newegg or Amazon where new inventory makes its first stop, but a clearance system for inventory that a reseller wants to get rid of and these "deal sites" are the middleman.

these were BNIB not Refurbs dude.
I've talked with tech support and 5yr warranty is truth.

Didn't specifically state they were refurbs but thats great, did you receive your drive(s) already? Verify it with serial# anyway when you get it, don't make any assumptions about gear from a clearance site is the point.

Got mine, it performs fine.

It has this drive in it:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

I got mine today. It says 2 years on it? The site says 5 years (vary with country). What the heck?

haha. Dug up this old thread. Mine failed today; a little less than 4 years old.

Back