Will.i.am to Unveil New iPhone Camera Accessory

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Whodathunkit? The rock group Black Eyed Peas’ Will.i.am is not only a rock star, he also doubles as a technology entrepreneur. His iPhone attachment will be launching this week in London. The new hardware add-on will take the 8 megapixel iPhone camera to 14 megapixels, enhancing the clarity of digital images. The hardest part is deciding on a fitting name for the new hardware. It could be called the Black iPeaPhone or Wil.iPhone, only time will tell. :D

‘We have our own sensor and a better flash," Will.i.am explained. "You dock you phone into our device and it turns you smartphone into a genius-phone. We take over the camera."

They are a rock group? :confused:

Aren't they a miming pop act who can't sing and are very very annoying? :D

jimmierustler: "He didn't invent any of this. These have been around before. Just because an untalented and artificial "musician" tags something, it isn't suddenly God's gift to tech. Its just another thing thats been around for a while."

oh dis gonna be good

I really wish Will.I.Am would just disappear, especially after destroying that poor poor Delorean

Sounds stupid, but I bet he will make a lot of money.

Reference: Beats by Dr. Dre.

He should have built the flash+sensor into a battery case. You know those ones that attach to the iPhone for protection while also charging it from an extra battery.

Blamo, just out-innovated him. Pay me.

You really have to take anything this clown says with a grain of salt. He also claimed an multiple talk shows, inluding top gear and the tonight show that he started a car company in the neighborhood where he grew up, so he could give back. Turns out that the cars being "produced" are his own cars he contracted through the shop West Coast Customs. They even did one of his cars on their show on the discovery channel. Will.i.am took full credit for their work. He's dilussional and surrounds himself with yes people that have him very detatched from reality.
My guess is he bought an accessory and is now claiming he makes it.

This guy needs to just go away already, after what he did to that poor classic corvette I don't think anyone should take him seriously.

I was amazing at the quantity of Beat by Dre headsets I saw going through Boston and New York this weekend :eek:

Headphones with lots of bass and not much else, with Dr. Dre's name tagged on it We knew it'd be an insta-seller to the mass.

If they made a Tupac bass heavy iPhone 5 wireless speakers, that'd also make a killing.

And watch all the work on this nixed by Apple with some sort of "compatibility update" that totally breaks it in

So it's a camera that snaps onto an iPhone so that it takes slightly less crappy photos? What's the point? So you can have 14 megapixel blurry photos of your friends drunk at the bar instead of 8, while bulking up your phone? If you want to take better pictures, why not just buy a decent camera that you don't have to strap onto your phone? I'm afraid to ask how much this piece of junk will cost.

Seeing as "Murdoch Block" prevents me from reading the article, can anyone explain how those extra 6 MP got there? I have a pretty decent understanding of how CMOS and CCD sensors work on a physics level, so I was pretty amazed to read this. Or is it literately an attachment that could attach to anything over some interface like USB (or I am guessing lighting) in this case?

Seeing as "Murdoch Block" prevents me from reading the article, can anyone explain how those extra 6 MP got there? I have a pretty decent understanding of how CMOS and CCD sensors work on a physics level, so I was pretty amazed to read this. Or is it literately an attachment that could attach to anything over some interface like USB (or I am guessing lighting) in this case?

Its an actual camera that attached to the phone.

he says. ‘I took one of the photographer’s lenses and held it up on my [phone] and said “imagine this one day”. Then I said: “I’m going to do this”.'
uhhh... http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/iphone-slr-mount/

iphone-slr-mount-e14c_600.0000001309999543.jpg

Back