Finally a Portable and Affordable 3D Printer

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Have you been looking for an affordable 3D printing solution, but just couldn’t get past the high cost? Well, the new Portabee might just be the ticket for you or your company. The 3D printer is light in weight and light on your wallet, coming in at 6 pounds and $500 dollars, respectively.

Last edited:
I expect some mainstream adoption of these types of printers in the next 3-5 years. With a case and all!

www.solidoodle.com
I has one that I am modding
504_306245439488825_616019537_n.jpg

560856_306245412822161_1749820304_n.jpg

1099_306245399488829_1973933845_n.jpg

Now how am I supposed to make a gun with that?

Needs moar lazers for metal cutting.

Now how am I supposed to make a gun with that?

Needs moar lazers for metal cutting.

LOL...it's not a milling machine. A 3D printer doesn't 'CUT' anything, it builds things with 'ink' of sorts (plastic or graphite).

LOL...it's not a milling machine. A 3D printer doesn't 'CUT' anything, it builds things with 'ink' of sorts (plastic or graphite).

I thought it shaved off regions of a block to form stuff.

Interesting.

I thought it shaved off regions of a block to form stuff.

Interesting.

Try looking up 3D printers on youtube (preferrably the time lapsed ones) they're pretty cool. I like the ones based on powder, but this one's good too. I'm not too sure about the lack of a rigid frame tho. DarthBeavis's rig looks like it'll be able to resist the motor vibrations better.

You can make components that would help make molds used to make castable parts. Then all you'd need is a lathe for cleanup. Cast iron or aluminum can be melted in basement, steel probably not. It won't exactly be high tech because of the materials but you could create some kind of boomstick on par with a musket or blunderbuss pistol. Or something small.

Back