SAMSUNG 840 Pro (MZ-7PD256BW) 256GB SSD $256 shipped

MasonD

[H]ard|Gawd
Not a hot deal but a deal for anyone that was planning on purchasing the SAMSUNG 840 Pro 256GB SSD anyway. Comes to $256 shipped (well if you got shoprunner).

EXTRA 5% OFF with promo code EMCJJHN23 (expires 11/21/2012)

Free Assassin's Creed III w/ purchase, ends soon

Last edited:
Then I check Amazon and it's the same price....lol

Never mind

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
really surprised you didn't include Assassin's creed III bonus gift in title, let alone anywhere in the thread.

Pass. With the failures of these drives, and the price to performance difference with the 830, I would say this is not a good drive to buy. :rolleyes:

Pass. With the failures of these drives, and the price to performance difference with the 830, I would say this is not a good drive to buy. :rolleyes:

Has there been a big failure with the 840 PROs? I haven't heard anything about that yet.

Check Anandtech, failure of two review samples.
Supposedly a "cure" is coming with firmware update in DEC. at least reviewers tentative conclusion.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6328/samsung-ssd-840-pro-256gb-review

Those weren't retail drives though. Supposedly none of the retail versions shipped like this.

...however in advance of the release Samsung provided us with a beta sample for review.
All I'm trying to get across is that this might not be as bad as some people are initially concluding. We have to wait and see but no reason to spread panic ATM.

Supposedly a "cure" is coming with firmware update in DEC. at least reviewers tentative conclusion.

Where did you read that a new firmware will be available in December? I didn't see it in the article you linked. Can you quote the sentence where you saw it?

Back