Facebook Is A Huge Time Suck Platform

HardOCP News

[H] News
The quote of the day is brought to you by Mark Cuban.

FB is what it is. Its a time waster. That’s not to say we don’t engage, we do. We click, share and comment because it’s mindless and easy. But for some reason FB doesn’t seem to want to accept that it’s best purpose in life is as a huge time suck platform that we use to keep up with friends, interests and stuff. I think that they are over thinking what their network is all about .

Quake servers are a better way to socialize with people.

I guess the PC is a huge time suck no matter what? most mmorpgs suck both time and money, FPS games suck time...

Maybe its me but I'm still trying to find the validity to the critism here as if any other use of the PC is better.

I guess the PC is a huge time suck no matter what? most mmorpgs suck both time and money, FPS games suck time...

Maybe its me but I'm still trying to find the validity to the critism here as if any other use of the PC is better.

He isn't making any comment on other things. He is simply stating that FB doesn't seem to be aware that they are what they are and are trying to make it more, when it won't be.

I would think this is true of all things on the internet. Youtube, wiki's and tvtropes are prime examples.

Wonder what FB will be in 20 years when we all have Star Trek com badges and displays and all you have to do is tap it to get ahold of somebody worldwide.

Wonder what FB will be in 20 years when we all have Star Trek com badges and displays and all you have to do is tap it to get ahold of somebody worldwide.

FB paints more of a Borg-like picture for me with everyone constantly looking at their tablets and running into real world objects which they consider unimportant compared to the conversation they are having. (or ads they are listening to and "liking").

Back