Amazon’s Ends Monthly Prime Testing

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Amazon’s test of its monthly subscription service for Amazon Prime has come to an end. If you haven’t signed up for the $7.99 monthly service, you are sadly out of luck. The standard $79 dollar yearly package is still available.

“We regularly test new options for our customers. At this time, we’ve completed our test and are no longer signing up new customers for Amazon Prime monthly memberships.”

I thought this was an on-going offer and I was going to make use of it when my current membership ended. :(

signed up just 2 days ago. Glad I got in on it. Will probably only keep it for a month or 2 to get through the holidays. Already saved almost $100 in shipping costs alone.

I order from Amazon so much that it's worth it for the yearly membership.

Monthly option is only good for around the holidays. Only someone who was lazy would keep it active year round, and thus, pay more than the annual membership. I can only guess that Amazon concluded that they would lose money on this because the majority who signed up weren't going to keep it active for an annual basis.

I figured it was a promo for helping with Christmas sales since the economy and sales tax will probably see Amazons sales hurt this year

Back