Far Cry 3 Gameplay Video

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ubisoft has put out another Far Cry 3 Gameplay video today that features lots of lions, tigers, bears, alligators and fire. Hopefully this installment in the franchise is better than Far Cry 2. The last one looked good but that's about all it had going for it. ;)

My biggest complaints of FarCry2 were the rediculous weapon wear/breakdowns and the immediate respawn of enemies at a checkpoint you just cleared. If those two things are fixed/removed, I'll be buying this game.

Far Cry 2 rocked. Play it like Stalker. Don't use vehicles, heavy arms or machine guns. Take a bolt action sniper and a .45, set to Infamous level difficulty, forget the story and have fun.

Video kinda looks like the original Far Cry. Consolitis I suppose. I got a copy so I hope it's as fun and open as it looks.

"Gameplay". Most of that vid just looked like showing off the environment, not demonstrating gameplay mechanics.

My only hope is that there's a more fulfilling feeling to playing FC3. After unlocking the second area in FC2, I just didn't care anymore.

I don't know anything about this game, but if it's anything like Far Cry, I'll have no choice but to buy it.

Loved the first. Hated the second. I am hoping that FC3 plays like the first one with the open world of the second.

I like how people crap on Far Cry 2. Do you even remember the brutality of Far Cry 1? It was dreadful! #2 was a major step up in realism and fun. Just that it was too freaking massive.
Best thing about all 3? The fire.

Hoping that the trailer was on the xbox...... if it looks that err..... good?... on my PC I shall be disappointed.

all that's missing is poisonous snakes. You have 30 sec to inject the anti-venom.... blargghhhhhhhhhh *Croak*

Hated the second, though the sandbox gameplay was pretty fun. I was always setting wildfires just for fun :D.

The guardpost mechanic was REALLY flawed though.

Wow graphics quality on that looked worse than FC2. Also I'm pretty sure that unless there was a recent zoo escape, there wouldn't be a ton of large animal attacks where people live, because the humans would have already 'taken care' of that.

I doubt you can judge graphics quality from a YouTube video.... Could be the PS3 version (or Xbox, whichever one you dislike the most) and compressed video uploaded to YouTube to be compressed more and streamed over the Internet.

Looks like a cool game. Similar environment to the original FC, which I was a huge fan of. The second one I couldn't get into very much. Fun, huge world, just didn't keep me interested as much.

Loved FC
Hated FC2

Not sure about FC3

FC2 has nothing to do with original FC. AT ALL!!!

The flame thrower looks badass!

That was definatly a console version video. The PC version should have much better quality.

This game looks like a damn cartoon. Horrible realism (or lack of). Pretty disappointing. The humans look like anything but humans. The colors are WAY too saturated. Bargain bin on this one.

The first farcry was flippin' amazing. Gameplay and technology wise it was one of my most memorable gaming experiences. FC2 was crap in comparison although it did have a few merits. I'm hoping FC3 finds that perfect blend between the two.

I actually preferred the original to Farcry 2. 2 just pissed me off because I never felt like I was actually accomplishing anything.

Good God. What's with the 1000 barrels of gasoline all over the place?

You don't even have to shoot anyone...just shoot one barrel and it'll set off a chain reaction destroying the whole island.

Either way...looking forward to it to the extent that I want to at least give it a shot.

Loved FC1. Watched my teen play FC2 and didn't bother with it. This one looks cool tho and like the jungle environment and the addition of fire. If the A.I. is realistic then this game will rock. Looking forward to it.

The graphics don't look overly impressive. If the game play is more open world without the fatal flaws of the second installment,it might be worth a try.

I never played the first one, but I enjoyed the second one. Even with the flaws, I found it entertaining, and I look forward to the third one (after it's being sold at a nice discount).

Hope there is no online DRM bullshit for this game and it will be an instant buy for me.

That is the biggest hurdle this game needs to overcome for me as well. Knowing it's from Ubicrap, I'm being patient to see how the game handles DRM once it's released. Played the crap out of FC2 and like someone already mentioned, if FC3 is like FC2 without it's game breaking flaws then I'm more than happy to buy it.

Loved FC
Hated FC2

Not sure about FC3

FC2 has nothing to do with original FC. AT ALL!!!

Indeed. I hated FC2 , it was boring and ultra repetitive. The graphics did not impress and I felt like the story was a joke. Compared to Far Cry one , two was just some crazy bullshit.

FC3 looks interesting but I'm not going to pay $60 to find out "how" interesting it is. I'll wait for some user impressions and if its good then I'll wait for a steam sale.

Back