Crooks Steal $1.5M In iPads

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to the NY Post, a band of crooks made off with $1.5M in iPads from JFK airport. Better keep an eye on Craigslist for cheap iPads. ;)

A pair of brazen crooks punched another hole in the lax JFK security when they stole a trove of new Apple iPad minis — worth $1.5 million — from the same cargo building that was the site of the 1978 Lufthansa heist featured in “GoodFellas,” The Post has learned.

F*** the iPads. If they can get through the super awesome tight maximum airport security to steal stuff, what's to stop the next guy from planting a bomb in strategic places to cripple the airlines again?

I guess the best way to kill hundreds if not thousands is to NOT go through the checkout lines, but to cut through the fences.

Terrorist Hijacker Bill: Why are we going through security to hijack that plane? They'll just search us and take our bombs and guns.

Terrorist Hijacker Boss: Because if we don't go through security, they won't let us in.

Terrorist Hijacker Bill: Why don't we just go through that hole by that fence? No one's looking.

Terrorist Hijacker Boss: Shutup! I don't pay you in virgins to think!

They can double their money by taking them out of the box, selling them on ebay, then selling the boxes full of duct taped mirrors in gas station parking lots across the country...

You know one of the gang is going to get careless and buy a new car for his wife before the heat dies down, then get stabbed in the back of the neck with an icepick.

So what are they going to do with both of those Ipads?

Make their own Internet. Like a special Interwebs (which is Latin for "between the webs", though it's never made clear which webs it is referring to) where everything is grey and cardboard colored and you can only complain about other people complaining about you complaining because they don't get you or your 10000 Facebook friends exactly like you and how you are all different (though not to each other). They shall call it the Hipsternet or something.

You know one of the gang is going to get careless and buy a new car for his wife before the heat dies down, then get stabbed in the back of the neck with an icepick.

Thats exactly what I thought when I read the story!! Ever seen the movie Goodfellas?? :D

Funny. I do feel bad for the unsuspecting people buying ipads off ebay, craigslist etc with blacklisted serial numbers. I am assuming you need valid serial numbers for those things to be fully operational?

Funny. I do feel bad for the unsuspecting people buying ipads off ebay, craigslist etc with blacklisted serial numbers. I am assuming you need valid serial numbers for those things to be fully operational?

Jailbreak much? That's the only way those things are worth using anyway.

They could throw them into molten lava and let the world be at peace (well, except for Apple, lulz).

They can double their money by taking them out of the box, selling them on ebay, then selling the boxes full of duct taped mirrors in gas station parking lots across the country...

:p hehe....

I can't get in with a bottle of water, but they can take a fork lift. WTF.

Apple only tracks down stolen iPads belonging to the Jobs family and then police will actually come to retrieve it from the clown (literally).

It's really not all that secure or inaccessible, some of the airport buildings at JFK face a service road next to the highway so all you have to do is know someone on the inside.

It's really not all that secure or inaccessible, some of the airport buildings at JFK face a service road next to the highway so all you have to do is know someone on the inside.

Now what people want to hear considering how much tax money they poured into security. After 9/11, they were trying to make it the most secure airport in the world.

Now what people want to hear considering how much tax money they poured into security. After 9/11, they were trying to make it the most secure airport in the world.

Earlier in the year there was a story about how some dude in a canoe was able to get access onto airport grounds behind the runways near the water without any detection even after they spent millions of dollars on electronic proximity detection system. : /

Back