Black Ops 2 Contains Wrong Game On 2nd Disc

HardOCP News

[H] News
Nothing like waiting in line in the freezing cold at midnight to get your copy of CoD: Black Ops 2 only to find out the second disc contains a different game. This video has a ton of NSFW language.

Players who bought retail PC copies of Black Ops 2 – some of the same people who waited in line for hours on a cold November night during the midnight launch – popped in the second installation disc to find that it is for Mass Effect 2. Reports on Steam, Reddit, 4chan and the Black Ops 2 forums describe the same problem.

Now we know activation and ea are really in bed with each other?

I am at a loss on this one. Like everyone else has said....how the hell did this happen? Damn funy though :D

From Joystiq:
blops.jpg

I like the comments so far from Joystiq:
"That's EA's way to mess this game up !!"

"LOL. People shouldn't compalin because Mass Effect is a MUCH BETTER game that COD-BO2.

... Only problem: Mass Effect 2 requires TWO DVDs! Double-trolled! XD"

"trollface.jpg

-Love, Activision"

"Makes you wonder if the Mass Effect trilogy has copies of Black Ops 2 in it on PC. :p"

"EA and Activision just pay the bills, they don't put data to disc. A company in china likely burns the discs and screwed up the masters." (If this was really done in China, then queue jokes about Chinese quality here.)​

From my understanding after reading some. There is a 3rd party that actually writes the data to the disc and that it is also common practice for them to reuse old disc. Someone screwed up somewhere though ha. Whos ever heard of disc this day and age though :p

Lesson learned, don't fuckin wait in line for releases!

Would be epic if it was for an Apple product.

On a side note, the guys looks just like the losers outside of Gamestop by my gym last night... Camping for hours, in the 30deg cold... IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... and if you tried to return it, how much would you get?

$9
** Commence nerd rage, and tear up the store **

Can you not enter the key in Steam and download there?

Yes you can.

According to a post on the Steam forum, it will download the correct files for you once you link the game to your Steam account.

However, be advised as someone mentioned on the same thread: You CANNOT refund the game or get a replacement from Gamestop once the game is linked to your Steam account. Gamestop will not accept it for refund or replacement.

Yes, and people are doing that. They should have just bought it from Steam in the first place.

Some dude in a dvd pressing plant in China got fired I'm sure.

Consoles don't have Steam, and I don't think it is a Steamworks title.

So I guess you didn't read the part in the article that mentioned PC versions were the ones affected? Or the Steam ads that advertise BO2? smh, lol

Guess you didn't read the article. Yes, it came with a key that could be activated on steam. However, it's safe to assume that those people would rather not have needed to download the whole 16GB installation.

Why are people complaining on the steam forums? How would a disc issue effect DLC?

Also, if the game was a collector's edition, they almost always have a physical disc included with the collectible items.

That is not the case with digital collector editions like Mass Effect 2 and 3 Digital Deluxe Edition. And, many people will buy the non-collector's edition and link it to Steam so they won't have to wait to download the game from the Steam servers. I remember having to download a game from Steam and didn't have it preloaded, that the servers were bogged down and your downloads will slow down as a result.

Guess you didn't read the article. Yes, it came with a key that could be activated on steam. However, it's safe to assume that those people would rather not have needed to download the whole 16GB installation.

It's called pre-loading. Install the game over the course of a week or so. Then on release night, shut down steam client, restart steam client. It downloads the key files to decrypt and you are playing in no time. I have no sympathy for people who waste time and money waiting in line to buy a PC game that doesn't come with some super rare bonus that is actually limited in quantity when there is a digital way to get the game.

So I guess you didn't read the part in the article that mentioned PC versions were the ones affected? Or the Steam ads that advertise BO2? smh, lol

Nope. Reading articles about CoD games is silly. Posting utter trash nonsense is not.

What's the meme? "You only had one job."

Sucks, but still a collectors item now. Anyone want to sell theirs? :D

Glad I had second thoughts last night after placing my order for the physical media from amazon last night. Remembered that steam had it too and I would get it 2 days before the one from amazon.

dodged that bullet, but sucks for those that have this problem.

lol for waiting in line at midnight for a PC game that can be purchased and downloaded at midnight from home, and
lol for waiting in line for a call of duty game

Yes, and people are doing that. They should have just bought it from Steam in the first place.

Some dude in a dvd pressing plant in China got fired I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure you mean he fell off a building ... that's usually how they take the news.

lol for waiting in line at midnight for a PC game that can be purchased and downloaded at midnight from home, and
lol for waiting in line for a call of duty game

Wow......waiting in line for a PC game, if that's what they were doing is really dumb.
Console, not so much, but not for that game.

Black Mass?
Mass OpsII?

Like someone said......now it really is a collectors edition.:D rim shot.....

Somewhere in the world a CoD hater just got his revenge! :-D On another note....sounds like Activision doesn't care about the quality of their packaging along with the quality of their games anymore. ;-) Hey look another multi-billion dollar company not caring about the customers just about the bottom dollar surprise surprise!

Man that has to be a kick in the nuts after waiting in line (retards) to get this game at midnight.

Consoles don't have Steam, and I don't think it is a Steamworks title.
Consoles typically don't have you install games over multiple discs too do they? The PS2 is the last console I had, so I don't know if games need to be installed anymore, or just throw it in and play.

Why are people complaining on the steam forums? How would a disc issue effect DLC?
The art of complaining, if there is a forum on the topic then complain.

Back