AMD Introduces Industry’s Most Powerful Server Graphics Card

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today launched the AMD FirePro™ S10000, the industry’s most powerful server graphics card, designed for high-performance computing (HPC) workloads and graphics intensive applications. The AMD FirePro S10000 is the first professional-grade card to exceed one teraFLOPS (TFLOPS) of double-precision floating-point performance, helping to ensure optimal efficiency for HPC calculations. It is also the first ultra high-end card that brings an unprecedented 5.91 TFLOPS of peak single-precision and 1.48 TFLOPS of double-precision floating-point calculations. This performance ensures the fastest possible data processing speeds for professionals working with large amounts of information. In addition to HPC, the FirePro S10000 is also ideal for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and workstation graphics deployments.

I wonder if DirectGMA would ever make it to consumer graphics cards from AMD. The idea that data is shared between graphics cards and other devices without ever touching the CPU, memory, or redundant transfers over the PCI-E bus sounds great.

Could it be one step closer to multi-GPUs finally sharing the same VRAM in Crossfire? Two 3GB cards having a unified 6GB of VRAM, perhaps? Or, three 3GB cards having a unified 9GB of VRAM? DirectGMA sounds like it could make that possible, unless I'm misunderstanding that technology.

Maybe this will end up in the Radeon HD 8000-series? (*Crosses fingers*)

The number of shaders depends on two factors:

-How many trees there are
-Whether or not the sun is behind a cloud

5.91 TFLOPS of peak single-precision and 1.48 TFLOPS of double-precision floating-point calculations

:eek:
I thought my GTX480 was good with 1.3TFLOPS of single-precision, just, wow.

Sorry, it had to be done...

400px-Over9000.jpg

I was feeding my cat and doing homework. >.< Sheesh, can't I leave you people alone for like an hour without everything getting confusing?

"Feeding" your "cat" and "doing" your "homework"...mhmm...sure you were Skribbel...sure you were...

Don't you slip up again on your forum duties. You understand me?!

Back