Apple and HTC Settle Remaining Lawsuits

Hence one of the reasons on why I will not own a HTC product. HTC caved in big time. Nothing new since HTC is known for F'n over its customers. HTC and Apple should make good bed partners........

I bet apple realized the patent system was about to go bonkers with the upcoming scrutiny of it's bogus patents.

Hence one of the reasons on why I will not own a HTC product. HTC caved in big time. Nothing new since HTC is known for F'n over its customers. HTC and Apple should make good bed partners........

HTC does not have the money to fight this out and risk losing like Samsung does. You want to be mad at someone be mad at Google they should be stepping up and fighting for their oem partners since so many of these suits are android specific.

I bet apple realized the patent system was about to go bonkers with the upcoming scrutiny of it's bogus patents.

Tim Cook's statement seems to say he's tiring of the whole lawyer mess and wants to get back to business. Hopefully, this indicates a sea-change at Apple and means the company will use its cash for R&D instead of lawyering.

I think it has to mean something significant--Apple's beginning to come out on the short end of the patent-lawsuit stick and Apple's stock seems in free fall as people's attitudes are souring on the company. Where Steve Jobs, r.i.p., might have gladly bankrupted Apple to gut Google in court, Cook is not obliged to do so and this may represent that the typical hot-head era at Apple is in decline if not over. I sure hope so. Somebody needed to stick a pin in Apple's hubris--might as well be Cook.

HTC's are known for ripping off its domestic (Taiwan) customers.

Most of my Taiwanese friends stay the hell away form HTC.

Back