AT&T Offering $100 Off Tablets

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Beginning yesterday, AT&T has put a deal together to take $100 off any tablet from the AT&T store or online store. Of course with any great deal, there is always a slight catch: The $100 deal is contingent upon a new 2-year contract.

AT&T did not indicate when the deal will end, except to say "while promotional supplies last." Customers are limited to two tablet purchases per account.

Is the total amount of the contract anywhere in the fine print? I think they should be forced to show this in a giant bold number before the fine print even started. Save $100 off a $700 tablet with a $2000 AT&T contract.

This. I think I saved like $300 on the total cost of my BlackBerry Bold 9930 when I went to Sprint.

Now I'm on Straight Talk with a Galaxy Note.

Doing basic numbers I was paying $300 initially for my Sprint contract and phone then $100 a month. $300 start up + $100 a month for 2 years (minus $100 for the first month) = $2600 total.

Paid $300 for my Galaxy Note used in mint condition. $45 a month for Straight Talk. $300 for the phone + $60 start up (included first month) + $45 a month for 23 months = $1395 total.

$2600 - $1395 = $1205 saved.

Sure I paid a couple hundred upfront for the phone versus contract subsidized price...but over two short years I will have saved myself over $1200! That's insane. A new Note costs like $450 unlocked if you look...$500 average.

Basically, fuck contracts. Spend the extra little bit on the phone or tablet up front and save over a thousand dollars.

This. I think I saved like $300 on the total cost of my BlackBerry Bold 9930 when I went to Sprint.

Doing basic numbers I was paying $300 initially for my Sprint contract and phone then $100 a month. $300 start up + $100 a month for 2 years (minus $100 for the first month) = $2600 total.

Paid $300 for my Galaxy Note used in mint condition. $45 a month for Straight Talk. $300 for the phone + $60 start up (included first month) + $45 a month for 23 months = $1395 total.

Sure I paid a couple hundred upfront for the phone versus contract subsidized price...but over two short years I will have saved myself over $1200! That's insane. A new Note costs like $450 unlocked if you look...$500 average.

Basically, fuck contracts. Spend the extra little bit on the phone or tablet up front and save over a thousand dollars.

So, for no phone or contract at all, you can save $2600 which is a lot of computer stuff or games or snacks.

Shit I need a phone though bro...can't go without one. Work, friends, family, bitches, drug cartel...just can't do with out one.

If you already have mobile share its not too bad a deal. $240 over 2 years at $10 a month. If you are going to pay for data anyway, why not?

How can anyone say AT&T is giving a deal on costs? (Everything they have on contract costs twice as much as buying it outright and getting a no-contract plan over a 2 year period.)

I did basically the same thing, but went with T-Mobile no contract service. Its just too hard to beat their 4G unlimited data and unlimited texts for $30 a month, even though it only has 100 minutes (I put an extra $20 on the account just in case I go over on minutes I'm covered, but have yet to have to pay for additional 10 cent minutes, so the $20 has been sitting there for months now.)

I go through T-Mobile. $90 a month for 500 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data. I use to burn through that data quickly, but nowadays, I probably barely push 250 megs a month. I still have that contract, but right now using T-Mobile Deutschland. Paid like $15 for a sim card with I think like 20 mins on it. Still have about 2 Euros left after a month.

Back