BioShock for PC DL Free @ GameFly

Always appreciate this! Tbh, I'm glad I saw this in hot deals at the time, because I don't visit free as often as I should considering I love free related threads like this!
So thank you both, even though I have two bioshock 1 dvds, multiple steam gifts, registered steam key for self, and couple others on other sites. ;)

I love how you cant checkout without giving them a CC#.

Oh well.

Awesome, just picket this up. Used to own the hardcopy version but sold it with an old video card. Looking forward to replaying this gem again soon.

Thanks! Always tempted to pick this up on Steam when it is $5.

does anyone have stuttering issues with this game? I'm running it on laptop with sandy bridge igp and it gets decent frames but it stutters like hell. Thanks for the deal anyways! great game

Can't get the damn client to even install.

Error Log Says:

Output folder: G:

Setting up Adobe Air...
Execute: "C:\DOCUME~1\SABREW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nsu918.tmp\Prereqs\AdobeAir\AdobeAIRInstaller.exe" -silent
Delete file: C:\DOCUME~1\SABREW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nsu918.tmp\Prereqs\AdobeAir\AdobeAIRInstaller.exe
Remove folder: C:\DOCUME~1\SABREW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nsu918.tmp\Prereqs\AdobeAir\
Install Failed - Error Code: 7

Installed DotNet Is Newer

#=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
#=Installation Failed: Begin Uninstall Log =
#=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Installation Failed: Removing Registry Data

Oh well, added it to my account on the site.

Ya beat me to it OP, thanks anyway though...

Last edited:
Did you guys get a CD key? I'm looking at the order summary section where it is supposed to give you a CD key and it's not appearing.

Did you guys get a CD key? I'm looking at the order summary section where it is supposed to give you a CD key and it's not appearing.

I did the following:

Install client.

Click on the Free Game/Bioshock image at the top. Download game, then install it. Uninstall client if desired. Game still loads to the menu for me.

I did not enter a CD key anywhere.

I know you don't have to but I want the CD key so I can register it on Steam.

In the order details the section for Digital Key is blank. So I don't think they are giving us one. It is a shame, I would have preferred the Steam key.

Last edited:
I am surprised how many people are disappointed that they did not give away a game that could be registered on Steam. This is the whole idea behind giving this away.

Anyway, great deal but I bought it on Steam a few years ago. Never played it though.

They need to clarify if the free Bioshock copy requires a 1 month trial membership. I have no problem being enticed to try a new game client but If I'm going to roll over into a monthly contract I want to know beforehand. This is not Steam they use a different model. They ask for a cc, implying, but never stating that you are signing up for their membership.

They need to clarify if the free Bioshock copy requires a 1 month trial membership. I have no problem being enticed to try a new game client but If I'm going to roll over into a monthly contract I want to know beforehand. This is not Steam they use a different model. They ask for a cc, implying, but never stating that you are signing up for their membership.

It doesn't need a 1 month membership. I paid zero for it & ran it w/o any issues. You only need a GameFly account to activate the copy. That's it. The CC is a minor bump in the road.

It doesn't need a 1 month membership. I paid zero for it & ran it w/o any issues. You only need a GameFly account to activate the copy. That's it. The CC is a minor bump in the road.

That is good to know - but where did you find this? As best we could tell it states nothing obvious on the account summary page either before or after download.

That is good to know - but where did you find this? As best we could tell it states nothing obvious on the account summary page either before or after download.

I've been a GameFly "free" member for a long time & have bought a few games from Direct2Drive before they were bought by GameFly. All of my games have been acquired through a non-premium account with zero access to any of the special unlimited play of any PC game they have.

You can safely get it w/o them charging you anything. :)

Back