Acer To Microsoft: Hardware Is Like 'Hard Rice'

HardOCP News

[H] News
The day isn't over just yet but I am pretty confident this will be "quote of the day." ;)

According to a rough translation from Google, Linxian Lang, Acer's manager of Greater China operations, compared making hardware to food. He described the process to "hard rice" that's "not so easy to eat."

Are they referring to Surface? Which I think pretty much blew the socks off anything that the standard vendors have attempted. Cant wait to get my Surface Pro.

Acer can say some shit when they actually start producing semi-decent hardware. Until then Linxian needs to check himself and stfu.

Are they referring to Surface? Which I think pretty much blew the socks off anything that the standard vendors have attempted. Cant wait to get my Surface Pro.

Acer can say some shit when they actually start producing semi-decent hardware. Until then Linxian needs to check himself and stfu.

Both of these and /thread

Yeah it is related to MS Surface, but it's not such a negative comment as it seems. Linxian said immediately before that it would be a good thing that MS enters the hardware business if it can increase demand for "wintel" systems.

I guess he didn't know MS has had a hardware division for what, 20 years or so? And MS has been making consoles for over 11 years.

I agree hard rice sucks.

Sticky white steamed rice is where it's at. Goes down well with anything.

Awesome, so a rough translation from a poor translater (google) from a foreign language and a foreign culture with no real context. The translated paragraph that is lifted from is so poorly constructed that it's impossible to get the context of the paragraph, which is in turn a quote and not a direct transcript anyway.

And this is supposed to matter, how?

This would be like Kia telling BMW or Mercedes their cars are crap. Oh Acer. :rolleyes:

This would be like Kia telling BMW or Mercedes their cars are crap. Oh Acer. :rolleyes:

No, it would be like KIA telling BMW or Mercedes that making cars is like hard rice, whatever the fuck that means :p

all this makes me think of are puffed rice cakes

images

Why is the maker of one of the worst PC configuration companies commenting on anyone else's hardware.

don't they throw hard rice at weddings? seems fitting considering Win8 is basically a shotgun marriage between tablets and desktops.

I'm with you on that. I played with my friends RT yesterday, pretty darn cool device. Makes iPad look stupid.

If Microsoft is going to eat "hard rice", what should Acer be eating then?

I think Acer means that trying to compete with MS is like eating hard rice, not the easiest thing to do.

Microsoft has money to lose on the Surface if they need to until they learn how to make it. Pretty much what's happened with the Xbox.

It's probably is slang, that's hard to translate, kind of like when you see someone translate "soy sauce passing through" it should have actually been translated as "It was none of my business" Kind of hard to figure out without the original site however.

Wow, Acer is taking potshots on the Surface? I mean, as is the Surface is just "pretty good" but it's about 10 lightyears ahead of anything Acer has ever made.

Wow, Acer is taking potshots on the Surface? I mean, as is the Surface is just "pretty good" but it's about 10 lightyears ahead of anything Acer has ever made.

I'm looking for a way to install WIndows 8 RT on my Iconia A500 now...

Back