Where Assassin's Creed Should Go Next

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
With the release of Assassin’s Creed III, Ubisoft is left with a dilemma of sorts on which direction to take the storyline. If you were writing the story for the game to follow, where would you take it?

Now that the Revolutionary War is out of the way, the entire unimaginable parade of weirdness that is early American history is available to Ubisoft.

Time to track down Hitler across the Third Reich and assassinate him.

civil war, Lincoln assassination, alamo, Prohibition era Chicago, PC exclusive...

It's cool but really I have to say that they jumped the shark on this one.

Civil war then ww2 then vietnam then any of the persian gulf wars, then a made up futuristic one.

civil war, Lincoln assassination, alamo, Prohibition era Chicago, PC exclusive...

I used to be a die hard PC gamer, however so long as companies continue to insist on DRM on PC titles, I refuse to buy them. So sorry but I want this game to stay multi-platform.

If the writers were any good, they should have written the story much further ahead then this.

I used to be a die hard PC gamer, however so long as companies continue to insist on DRM on PC titles, I refuse to buy them. So sorry but I want this game to stay multi-platform.

All of the console games have DRM on them too, it's just more transparent.

If the writers were any good, they should have written the story much further ahead then this.

Hopefully they didn't hire any writers from Battlestar Galactica or Lost, otherwise the plot will end up getting added as a release-day patch

What about just leaving more in the current time dealing with what happened in this one?

I kinda expect them to spend another 2 games on this character while getting nothing done in the current time frame.

Anyway if I had anything to do with it I'd be firing a bunch of the people involved. AC3 is buggy, missing a lot of features of the old games like the stores which are junk, and has issues that have made it through multiple games. I also think the fighting system is gimped in this one.

So, you hate DRM on the PC so you went to a platform that is even more locked down and uses even more DRM? That doesn't make sense.

So, you hate DRM on the PC so you went to a platform that is even more locked down and uses even more DRM? That doesn't make sense.

I get where he is coming from. The DRM on a console is pretty transparent. You really don't realize it is there as for most games you put in the disk and play.

DRM issues was one of the reasons I stopped playing games on the pc. The extra security on the games caused issues(star force for instance) pretty much turned me off from pc gaming. That and compatibility issues.

away is where

the game was planned to have 3 games its had 4 time to let it die maybe come back to in in a few years
this lets milk a game and put a new one every year is lame make new IP damn it
also where is my Mirrors Edge 2

No. I hate when mainstream games try to go for the Japanese twist. Didn't work for UO or WoW. Leave that market to the studios that do it best.

WoW and Assassin's Creed are two different games and MoP is probably the best xpac outside of TBC.

All the people commenting in this thread should play out AC3 with its piece of shit ending and then come back here and comment.

12 games in 5 years. They should stop. The only place they should take the series is to its end.

1.American civil war
2. war of 1812
3. 1898, Spanish–American War
4. ww1
5. ww2

It should take place in Japan, at the end of the Edo period. I'd love to see the world that Kenshin was in brought to life. While the Kenshin character himself is made up, many of the personalities around him are based on real world people and organizations. The role that Kenshin played in the revolution was also a real role that four real people performed.

Japan, at the transition from Shogunate to the Meji period would be very different from the previous games.

WW1

Where we will see that the assassination of Franz Ferdinand was because of this guys relatives, I guess hand to hand in the trenches would be kinda cool, mind you white cloak and hood isn't an option, only color available is mud.

I want a 1970's Blaxploitation Assassin's Creed game!

Oh my, I can already imagine the trailer in my mind.

"He knows Karate. He's baaad mothafucka. He is called the Black Dynamite, and I pity the poor who shot his brotha.

Assassins Creed IV - The Brothahood."

I'm so sorry if I offended anyone with above, but the joke was too delicious to be left alone. :D

No. I hate when mainstream games try to go for the Japanese twist. Didn't work for UO or WoW. Leave that market to the studios that do it best.

This is Assassins Creed we are talking about, who mentioned pure fantasy like WoW? Name a single game that has somewhat "realistic" (so to speak) take on feudal era Ninjas where you can feel like stealth assassin climbing and jumping around, striking from shadows in Feudal era Japan? There is none (that I know of). Closest have been Tenchu games on original PSX.

Ever since Assassins Creed 1 came people have been talking about the potential of such game built on AC engine, with similar take on actual historical people and events, heavily altered and twisted of course. It could be glorious. In fact I have been wanting such game the moment I first played Tenchu games...

The French revolution would be nice. Or even make him the person who killed Duke Ferdinand ahead of WWI.

Assassin's Creed: Privateer.

Keep it set in the "olden days", but have a huge open-ended world with lots of jobs available from characters like private citizens looking to off a friend/family member, shopkeepers looking to exterminate a deadbeat customer with a huge tab, a corrupt politician wanting to get a key member out of the way, etc.

Lots and lots of villages/towns/cities to visit. Travel the country-side and pick up side jobs from the peasants/lower-class in those areas... even random occurrances to help someone out of a jam (house fire, horse thieves, muggers, etc).

Huge variety of clothing, armor, and weapons available from legal/gray/black market vendors... get proficient in the use of non-common items by training/aquiring knowledge for their use.

Dynamic economy that will cause fluctuating/differing prices for everything, from items to the jobs you take on.

Different secret groups, guilds, and organizations scattered about the game world all with unique safehouses, jobs, items, characters, etc.

Assassin's Creed: Privateer.

Keep it set in the "olden days", but have a huge open-ended world with lots of jobs available from characters like private citizens looking to off a friend/family member, shopkeepers looking to exterminate a deadbeat customer with a huge tab, a corrupt politician wanting to get a key member out of the way, etc.

Lots and lots of villages/towns/cities to visit. Travel the country-side and pick up side jobs from the peasants/lower-class in those areas... even random occurrances to help someone out of a jam (house fire, horse thieves, muggers, etc).

Huge variety of clothing, armor, and weapons available from legal/gray/black market vendors... get proficient in the use of non-common items by training/aquiring knowledge for their use.

Dynamic economy that will cause fluctuating/differing prices for everything, from items to the jobs you take on.

Different secret groups, guilds, and organizations scattered about the game world all with unique safehouses, jobs, items, characters, etc.

So basically Skyrim/Fallout?

So basically Skyrim/Fallout?

In a sense, but with the premise of AC and all the cool character moves. That, and more variety of jobs, items, skills, and locations can keep being added with subsequent patches/updates/add-ons/DLC or even player community mods.

They should do WW2 in their style (I know enough WW2 games). Or even better, under a totally new name but hints that it's part of the series, either ultra modern or cyber punk style would be awesome. Assassin's taking down megacorps.

Back