Barnes & Noble Cuts Prices on Older Nook Tablets

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you have been waiting for a price drop on Nook tablets, better get shopping. Barnes and Noble has begun shipment of their new tablets and is clearing out present stock with a price cut across the board on all Nook tablets.

The Nook Tablet is dropping to $179 for the 16-gigabyte version and $159 for the eight-gigabyte version, and the Nook Color is dropping down to $139.

I have the 16gig nook tablet, its a good system, once you root and install a new version of android.

currently my nook tablet is running CM10 and the guys over at XDA just solved the touch problem, stock the nook tablet has only 2 touch firmware, after much searching and tweaking over the past 10 months or so, they have released a new firmware for the nook tablet (8 or 16 gig) that enables 5 touch- and a new touch screen driver that fixes alot of game errors.

I am about to install a new version of CM10 that has the new driver AND the 5 touch capability.

i use my tablet for media consumption and browsing the web- and games.

i have my media all based on an external hard drive hooked to my network and i stream it wirelessly via es file explorer and mx video player to my Nook Tablet- it plays 720p h264 encoded files flawlessly.

Back