PayPal To Cut 325 Full-Time Jobs

HardOCP News

[H] News
PayPal announced today that it is cutting 325 jobs as well as ending 120 jobs with independent contractors. :(

PayPal says it is cutting 325 full-time jobs in a move to streamline the business. EBay Inc.'s PayPal unit also said Monday that it is ending jobs with about 120 independent contractors worldwide. PayPal had 3,200 workers before Monday's cuts. The company says the cuts are primarily in PayPal's product and technology organizations.

Hopefully, they are getting rid of the idiots and assholes that work for them.

I guess they pissed too many people off by freezing accounts, locking accounts, stealing money, etc....

Wow ... will anonymous be attacking them now ... or were they just the kids of Zynga employees :D

I hope they aren't cutting customer service!

*patiently waits for the joke*

I would also like to officially go on record as to professing a personal interest in the speedy demise of the aforementioned e-commerce business. Or, if I may be so bold: DIE MUTHA FUCKAS!

die paypal

die

This x5

Die in fire eBay, go fuck yourself for hiking up your fee's in regards to a damn near monopoly. Finally some competition is nearing because it is absolutely ludicrous to sell an item and have 3% go to paypal, and 7% go to eBay of EVERY SALE :rolleyes:

I guess they pissed too many people off by freezing accounts, locking accounts, stealing money, etc....
I'm one of them. Haven't accepted PayPal for over 1 year thanks to this baseless freeze.

A friend works for PP in Austin. I hope he survives the cut, but we'll see.

Can't imagine that the right people are being fired. The worst thing about Paypal is it's management. I've never had any technical problems with them -- it's all been BS policies.

More like 4+% go to paypal, and 10+% go to eBay on of EVERY SALE.

The last time I sold something on ebay, it was like 3.2%~ for accepting credit cards then since I only sell large items on ebay the FVF(Final value Fee) was usually around 15%. I only pay through paypal now because almost 100% the time it goes in the buyers' favor if something goes wrong, selling anything through though paypal sucks big time.

I'm sure it's not from customer service. I don't think they have any there.

To be honest yes Ebay and Paypal were great back in days, now as people get smarter there are lots of ways to get scamed in either of the site (personal experiance) so i prefer not to use them as other better options are available nowdays.

as far as CS goes, you can't get in touch with them stright, best way to do is to call paypal, try to talk to Ebay CS rap and than to paypal, little lenghty but surefire to work.

More like 4+% go to paypal, and 10+% go to eBay on of EVERY SALE.

These seem high.

I do a bunch of ebay stuff (well, fewer than 40 a month) and usually figure in about 12%. One thing to consider is that ebay fees and pp fees are on shipping costs as well.

lol I'm sure with PayPals Q3 earnings they will be going away very soon *snickers*

Back