One Million Email Addresses For Five Dollars

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ever wonder how much your e-mail address is worth? If you guessed $5 per million you are the winner (or loser, depending on how you look at it)!

That’s the rate paid by Bogomil Shopov, a Bulgarian blogger and digital rights activist, for a collection of 1.1 million Facebook names, user IDs, and emails posted to the social marketing site Gigbucks earlier this month for a grand total of five dollars. “I just bought more than 1 million… Facebook data entries,” Shopov wrote on his blog Tuesday. “OMG!”

oh hey sounds like another blogger who thinks themselves to be of more importance than they really are

I get people offering money for YOUR email addresses all the time. Some of my responses are not politically correct. In fact I actually use the opportunity to get out some frustration.

when I was the IT slash email "sender" aka legit spammer for a milwaukee publishing company i would occasionally get offers for about 1k-10k for 50k email addresses. so it can range from 10cents to 5$ an address. then out of those lists they could be 99% fake, 90% etc.

the company i worked for no longer had valid addresses for 50% of the people on their lists, they were out of date.

And we greatly appreciate it Kyle.

Although if you wanted to offer an opt IN program (i.e. where people volunteer to be in it, AND it defaults to opting out, so only people who actually WANT to give away their emails are there), I'd submit one of my spam collecting emails, I'm curious to see what I'd get emailed.

He could collect all the banned asshats emails and sell them :D

Back