Men Are Better Multitaskers Than Women

HardOCP News

[H] News
Honey, I know it looks like I am sitting on my ass playing video games but you just don't recognize great multitasking when you see it. I'm actually recording the game on TiVo and I have a hot pocket in the microwave too. :D

Working mothers may have to juggle more tasks than their husbands, but the long-held belief that women are better than men at multitasking is a myth, according to new Swedish research.

The real truth is humans are horrid multitaskers regardless of having balls or tits.

Man is stronger by far than woman, yet only woman can create a child. Does that seem right to you?

You would only have to talk to my wife once on the phone to figure this out....

Men Are Better Multitaskers Than Women

Yes, it is nice to have 6 women in bed with me at the same time.

Oh, wait you were talking about something else.
Guess that is one positive for PMS...

Heh, I live at home, and my mom always claims I don't listen to her

But she has a habbit of -WALKING AWAY- while having conversations

We'll be in the kitchen, and she'll start talking, then she'll go into the living room, still talking, then moves into her bedroom, still talking, then moves into her bathroom, still talking

This WHOLE TIME she expects me to follow the conversation

So now if she starts leaving the room, I tell her to stop, come back and finish what she's saying, and oh wow does it entirely piss her off, but now at least I can follow the whole conversation she's talking about.

Then next week we'll conveniently have a study that says men are stupid as hell, and women are smarter then ever.

Truth is some men as terrible at certain things, and some women are better at certain things. It maybe higher for men on average, but certainly not all.

I thought women were the better multitaskers. It comes from all that acting like everything is great with you while they simultaneously work on dealing up.

It is really some people are better multitaskers than others.

It isnt race based but a individual based.

I call my wife all the time while she's driving....I have a double life insurance policy on that ass, and the rest of the body too.

Study was rather limited in pretty much every aspect. Though quite interesting the women's performance varied based on whether or not it was shark week.

Thought I am going to use to to help convince my wife that she be dumb as shit and should make me dinner.

The physical conception of the human brain does not allow multitasking at all, so while we try to do more tasks at once we are not doing any of them enough as if we would do when doing a single task, proved, just think about how you work.

The physical conception of the human brain does not allow multitasking at all, so while we try to do more tasks at once we are not doing any of them enough as if we would do when doing a single task, proved, just think about how you work.

We multi-task just fine, especially when we are very familiar with the task involved.

I am pretty sure this is incorrect. Do you think about breathing?

My wife would disagree with this and I would then agree with her for the sake of my life.

I am pretty sure this is incorrect. Do you think about breathing?

I think he is correct in the sense the same part of your brain can't be used in 2 places at the same time. A different part of your brain controls breathing than the part of your brain that does math.

You can test this a bit by trying to do 2 math problems at once which as far as I know is impossible, at least I can't do it. You can also try to read a book and solve math questions that someone asks you.....Doing both is dam near impossible if not impossible. Your brain has to stop one activity to start the other.

I think he is correct in the sense the same part of your brain can't be used in 2 places at the same time. A different part of your brain controls breathing than the part of your brain that does math.

You can test this a bit by trying to do 2 math problems at once which as far as I know is impossible, at least I can't do it. You can also try to read a book and solve math questions that someone asks you.....Doing both is dam near impossible if not impossible. Your brain has to stop one activity to start the other.

First one must very clearly define multi-tasking.

You can do two activities at once using the same parts of the brain. Like play the piano (which is technically 2 anyway as you are using both hands to do two different things, and also the feet to do one more). You just can't focus on both hands at once. So you just have to be able to do one kind of automatically, mindlessly, like breathing, and then focus your attention on the one that needs it the most. If you could get maths problems to the level where you could do them without focus, then it would be possible! :D

As a man, I'm pretty awesome at multi tasking. I can pick my nose, scratch my balls, and pee all at the same time.

Honey, I know it looks like I am sitting on my ass playing video games but you just don't recognize great multitasking when you see it. I'm actually recording the game on TiVo and I have a hot pocket in the microwave too. :D

Your hot pocket just blew up! Now you have to multi-task: cleaning the microwave, apologizing for making a mess, and forming your response to the study. ;)

Multitasking is stupid, people need to get that through their thick skulls and we'll all be more productive.

Pretty sure I remember watching something on TV roughly a million years ago. They ran a test where they had kids, boys and girls, and rained dollar bills down on them or something like that, and only counted what they could grab before the cash hit the ground. The boys consistently caught more as they were better are keeping track of multiple targets and presumably guesstimating the easiest grabs instead of wasting time on making certain of that one single catch The girls would typically become fixated on a single one, making sure to try and get that one before moving on.

I can't remember exactly what their end theory on it was, but I think it said that they thought the male brain was weaker in its connection between the two halves or something so they didn't get fixated on a single object as easily. Or something like that.

Have to kill that mammoth while avoiding being eaten by the sabertooth tiger. That'll teach you to multitask better. Picking berries while baby sleeps in the basket? Probably not.

If the tasks aren't difficult, you can multitask.

Hold down a piece of wood with one hand, use other hand to drill it. That's 2 tasks right there.

Back