Worst Passwords Of 2012

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the worst passwords of 2012. Number one on the list....your password. :D

Unchanged from last year, the three most popular passwords for 2012 were "password," "123456," and "12345678," according to SplashData's annual "25 Worst Passwords of the Year" list. The list was compiled from files containing millions of stolen passwords posted online by hackers. But that isn't to say that our choices have stagnated; new entries to the list this year include "welcome," "Jesus," "ninja," "mustang," and "password1."

The funny part is, you can start combining bad passwords to make awesome ones.

WelcomeNinjaJesus1 is rock solid ;)

As philosoraptor would say:

I saw master on the list..

Are they the phone's master or are they beckoning to their master?

God, people who have weak PWs like that deserve to have their accounts entered invaded.
For fuck sakes people, PASS PHRASES!!!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5? That's amazing! I've got the same combination on my luggage!

Thanks for jogging my memory because I was supposed to change the combination to the air shield. 123456 ought to work.

Scary thing is that years ago I used to work with a large company that if I were to mention the name most everyone in North America would know sent all (probably thousands) emoployee laptops for field work with "password" as default, and you know no one ever changed it.

Your password can't get hacked or accused of being a bad one if you don't use a password at all. Hackers will spend months trying to crack something that doesn't exist! Mwa ha ha!

Your password can't get hacked or accused of being a bad one if you don't use a password at all. Hackers will spend months trying to crack something that doesn't exist! Mwa ha ha!

It was supposed to be a secret!!! And now you spilled the beans!!! :mad:

I'm so glad that i3>steve isn't on the list. Now I don't have to change my password!

It was supposed to be a secret!!! And now you spilled the beans!!! :mad:

Oh...I'm sorry. Wait, who even reads the stuff I post anyhow? I don't think anyone will actually notice and figure it out. :)

I'm so glad that i3>steve isn't on the list. Now I don't have to change my password!

Shouldn't that be i<3steve instead? It's kinda backwards the way you had it.

obligatory

security.png

phew.. they said password1 not Password1 so i'm still secure!
Well.. that is, unless you have a Blizzard/Battle.net account. They don't use case-sensitive passwords for some reason. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't that be i<3steve instead? It's kinda backwards the way you had it.

He had it correct. I icecream cone Steve. But to be honest, his looks more like a "scrotum cone". :p

Back