Netflix Q3 Earnings A Return To Profitability

HardOCP News

[H] News
Whoa, I can't believe my eyes! It looks like Netflix finally has some good news!

Netflix saw a return to profitability and more than half a million new US subscribers in the second quarter of this year, and it's now announced that it's added a full two million more streaming members worldwide for the third quarter. That brings the company's global base of streaming subscribers to 29 million, 25.1 million of which are in the US. It's also announced another bump in profits to $8 million in net income, with global revenue of $905 million.

good good. I want netflix to survive.

x2

For those that refuse to pay the ridiculous prices that cable and satellite want, Netflix and services like it are a god send. 8.00 a month is a hell of a lot cheaper than 80.00 :)

Awesome!

Personally I hope they do better then ever and are able to expand their streaming catalog even further.

Nice. Glad to see this. I've been with Netflix for a long while now and enjoy it.

Good for them. I've almost forgotten I used to get actual DVD's from them. In the actual mail.

Cool, now we need the ISPs to do something about those data caps, even an exception for Netflix would make me happy.

Good, hopefully this trend will continue and the available selection of streaming moving will less closely resemble the $5 movie bin at Walmart.

Good, now if they can keep their servers up all wool be good!

HA. I thought this would be good for their stock price. I just looked and it's down 14%. Go figure.

I am glad to hear this, but I wish they would re-add the "play all" function in their Xbox 360 application. I don't want to hunt for the controller ever 23 minutes of my Futurama marathon.

best thing they could do is make arrested development. people should pay even if they dont use their service thats how awesome they are for bringing this show back

I am glad to hear this, but I wish they would re-add the "play all" function in their Xbox 360 application. I don't want to hunt for the controller ever 23 minutes of my Futurama marathon.

amen. It bugs me that the PS3 version will continue to play edpisodes but the 360 wont. Having to find the controller, turn it on (and wait for it to sync) can be a PITA, especially if you're going for a marathon.

Thank goodness for Kinect.

Back