Zynga Just Laid Off 100 Employees

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently Zynga thought the best way to hastily lay off 100 employees without anyone noticing was to do it during the iPad mini announcement. :(

We’ve heard from a source with first-hand knowledge tells us that the layoffs did happen in the company’s Austin office. Additionally, The Ville will be discontinued. More than 100 employees were let go and ordered to turn in their computers, phones, and badges — many of whom have been working at the company for more than two years.

Lets see.. they blatantly rip off the sims, they buy out the main facebook game everyone played on mobile (draw something) then scare off the users by requesting permissions to read / send text messages, and forcing you to give them your email address... They release a trailer showing a full ripoff of pokemon

I wonder why they could possibly be in trouble.

18350.strip.gif

I think everyone seen this one coming including the employees.
Many people are giving up on FB games so Zynga is nothing more than a sinking ship at this point, has been for a while now.

Funny though that people are making a big deal out of the timing of this announcement but yet the company I work for has laid off about 200 people in the last year with more coming for those that are 5 years and under. But people only cared for about 5 min and we make medical products that help in saving peoples lives but a shit company like Zynga lays off 100 and it's headlines? Oh well, priorities I suppose.

Back