Sony to Lay Off 2K Workers, Close Digital Imaging Factory

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In a move to cut expenses, Sony has announced the closing of plants and laying off 20% of the headquarters staff by the end of the year. Sony has already announced the reduction in global workforce by 10K jobs which will be completed by spring of 2013.

The company expects to return to profit this year, though it recently lowered its outlook from earnings of 30 billion yen to 20 billion yen ($257 million).

Sony, AMD etc etc. I lost count... All these lay off news are really depressing :(

It's cool, foodstamps will cover those lost jobs. The minimum wage market is thriving im sure.

I can't say I am sad. My experience dealing with Sony has been seeing overpriced laptops, terrible customer service and poorly designed website. They took me 6 weeks to get me a battery for a customer last year because for 2 weeks they wouldn't respond to any of my phone calls or emails and then took 4 more weeks to actually get the battery to me.

Considering I dislike Sony and their dishonest business practices, good, I hope they die (as a company
).

I'm not sure what's more evil: Sony, Monsanto, or Darth Vader

Back