ZTE Execs Halve Pay Until Profits Return

Full consent has a different meaning in china. The interns at Foxconn working on the Wii U all gave their consent also ;)

So, they only get 2 million instead of 4? I'd like to hear the numbers :)

If more execs were willing to do this (not just on paper using smoke & mirror tactics), less companies would go under needlessly.

I read the post title and my first snarky thought was: This has to be a commie decision because execs in America are showered with cash even when they fail! Then I link in to the post and find that this is happening in China.

I LOL'ed.

Pay based on performance? Unheard of in American executive offices, where failure CEOs make more than most workers do in a lifetime.

Pay based on performance? Unheard of in American executive offices, where failure CEOs make more than most workers (combined) do in a lifetime.

Fix't that fer ya. :D

If you are a worker in the lower echelons of an American company and you fuck up, you're outta there with a bad recommendation and unemployment if you are lucky. If you are an executive at the same company and fuck up, you get a golden shower of cash, stocks and perks to make you feel better about being fired...

so you can be hired at another company where you get to deliver a repeat performance!

Its not an uncommon practice in Asian countries that used confusionist ideals for the order of their society.

Nippon CEO use to make less then actual pilots.
During the economic crisis in Asia, South Korea was hit hard. Old grannies would get their gold filings pulled and donate to the country to get it out of debt.

The needs of the many out weight the needs of the few.

If more execs were willing to do this (not just on paper using smoke & mirror tactics), less companies would go under needlessly.

That will never happen...as soon as an exec forfeits pay, they become less respected and power is taken away from them. Look what happenned to poor Vic Pandit.

Back