EBay Posts Higher 3Q Earnings, Revenue

HardOCP News

[H] News
Imagine that, in a rotten economy, a company that makes money off people buying and selling used items is doing well. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

The online commerce company said Wednesday that it earned $597 million, or 45 cents per share, in the July-September period. That's up from $491 million, or 37 cents per share, a year earlier. Revenue grew 15 percent to $3.4 billion from $2.97 billion. Adjusted earnings were 55 cents per share in the latest quarter, slightly ahead of Wall Street's expectations.

They finaly realizedthey need people to sell and have been backing off a ot of the fees for even listing. I've listed severl items this month and had no listing fees. That was one of the things that drove me outta there to begin with.

EBay has actually called me a couple times to help me with my auctions recently. They say I initiated a few auctions but did not complete. They wanted to see how they could help. I was surprised, even more so when the lady indicated I could use some HTML to link images to save on some fees. I do it anyway but didn't think they would suggest it!

This is positive news.

I've backed away from using eBay because anytime I sell a few hundred dollars of stuff. They gank $30 - $40 dollars or more from me. Screw that.

Greed.

Kansas City + Craigslist + Old Junk = Money

EBay has actually called me a couple times to help me with my auctions recently. They say I initiated a few auctions but did not complete. They wanted to see how they could help. I was surprised, even more so when the lady indicated I could use some HTML to link images to save on some fees. I do it anyway but didn't think they would suggest it!

:eek:

100% seller rating on eBay and haven't sold anything in over a year because it wasn't worth the effort with them gouging me :p Maybe I will return now.

They have reduced the listing fees quite a lot lately. They only used to let you host 1 picture per listing through Ebay before they started charging.

I always did 1 on Ebay and then used Flikr to host the rest.

Now Ebay lest you host up to 8 pictures for free.

The percentage of commision they vharge is still kinda high, but at least they are moving in the right direction.

This is positive news.

I've backed away from using eBay because anytime I sell a few hundred dollars of stuff. They gank $30 - $40 dollars or more from me. Screw that.

i actually sold something on ebay recently of higher value, to my bad luck deal went very very bad and left me hanging, luckily i had all the proofs and due to problem ebay hadn't charged me anything yet.

though yes ebay and paypal you've to pay both fees. that sucks.

Do you guys think they're doing since Amazon has been cutting into their territory?
I pretty much stop selling on ebay and being going Amazon way and my items (all pc hardware) usually sales within 2 days.

Good for ebay, I don't shop there often, but when I do I usually score a good deal, and it's much less drama than craigslist with flaky strangers.

Back