Marissa Mayer Poaches Key Google Exec For $56M

HardOCP News

[H] News
Dear Super Hot Yahoo CEO Lady:

I would like a $56 million salary. Based on the track records of the last six Yahoo CEO's, neither of us will be with the company in a year but our severance packages will make us rich. I see this as mutually beneficial but, for the most part, this is all about me. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to read this.

Sincerely,

Every Person on the Planet

The move could cost Yahoo upwards of $56 million, according to regulatory filings. In addition to his $600,000 base salary, de Castro will be granted up to $36 million in stock based on how long he stays at Yahoo and how well the company does while he's there. He's also getting $1 million to make up for salary he would have made at Google had he stayed, plus another $20 million in stock to make up for Google stock that hasn't vested yet.

Last edited:
You do realize it's not a 56 million dollar salary right? It says $600,000, and the other bonuses/incentives are based on performance largely. Not that it matters, I'm sure he'll be cleaning up no matter how fast Yahoo continues to fall...

I think google is slowly invading yahoo, later on there might have enough heads into yahoo that will make yahoo agree to merge with google.

I think google is slowly invading yahoo, later on there might have enough heads into yahoo that will make yahoo agree to merge with google.

I don't think DOJ will allow a merger, until Yahoo! has been run into the ground quite a bit more. (Maybe when the Microsoft Search deal ends and Yahoo! has no web search and no text ads)

This chick is absolutely nuts. She performs all the candidate reviews all herself, which has created such a backlog in HR that potential applicants took jobs elsewhere.

Dear Super Hot Yahoo CEO Lady:

I would like a $56 million salary. Based on the track records of the last six Yahoo CEO's, neither of us will be with the company in a year but our severance packages will make us rich. I see this as mutually beneficial but, for the most part, this is all about me. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to read this.

Sincerely,

Every Person on the Planet

Oh come on now..she can't possibly be that hot, she is a CEO for crying out loud..old.

*goes and googles picture*

I stand corrected../dusts off resume. :eek:

I think it's nuts that any one human being makes that much money. Give me a measly one million and I'd never need another dime for life.

Oh come on now..she can't possibly be that hot, she is a CEO for crying out loud..old.

*goes and googles picture*

I stand corrected../dusts off resume. :eek:

You think so? I think she wasn't a CEO no one would even pay her attention. She's a slightly attractive lady, but "super hot" - not even close. I think "cute" would best describe her.

You think so? I think she wasn't a CEO no one would even pay her attention. She's a slightly attractive lady, but "super hot" - not even close. I think "cute" would best describe her.

she isnt ultra hot or anything but she is the best looking CEO of a major company that I have ever seen. Yahoo continues to be a major company even if people continue to hate them.

Hot or not it appears none of you guys have worked enough at a full time job to realize that you don't kick a bitch with millions out of the bed. Seriously blind fold that shit and never worry about issues with your house/kids/cars etc.

Hot or not it appears none of you guys have worked enough at a full time job to realize that you don't kick a bitch with millions out of the bed. Seriously blind fold that shit and never worry about issues with your house/kids/cars etc.

Win

Back