Phone Company Bills Woman $15 Quadrillion

HardOCP News

[H] News
Dear valued customer, we have deducted $15,155,253,000,000,000 from your bank account. Thank you and have a nice day.

The list of superlatives is not long enough to describe the enormity of the amount Bouygues Telecom has claimed a few days ago at one of his former clients. To make it simple, let's say, in the history of mankind, this is probably the highest amount ever asked by a company to a customer.

so if you work for a phone company and leave, you get screwed with a big phone bill

I bet AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint saw this story and started getting ideas for new data plans. Truly unlimited only 1 quadrillion per month!

I bet AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint saw this story and started getting ideas for new data plans. Truly unlimited only 1 quadrillion per month!

Hey ... the big carriers are really in your corner ... I am sure they would give you that unlimited access for only a Billion ... cause they are looking out for you :D

You sure that wasn't in shackels or something equiv to about $15.00 ?

MICHAEL
Ok! Ok! I must have, I must have put a decimal point in the wrong place
or something. Shit. I always do that. I always mess up some mundane
detail.

Heh, whoops?

The phone company, Bouygues Telecom, initially told her there was nothing they could do to amend the computer-generated statement and later offered to set up instalments to pay off the bill.

9unpky.jpg

The bill may be accurate if she has a friend on Voyager II. Stupid interstellar roaming rates...

Forgot to switch it off data to download some movies, I guess. :D Thankfully it was just a mistake and the customer did not have to pay though.

I have heard of people getting bills in the $100,000 range and they were legit. With the way data is ridiculously capped, and the provided speeds, it does not really take much to rack up such a high bill if you are not careful. Especially people who are dumping their PCs and landline/internet for a cell phone and figure they are saving money by doing all their downloads on their phone.

Haha!

At least they had the sense to eventually find that it was a printing error...although it's kind of retarded that they initially "couldn't do anything about it" and set her up on an installment payment plan; what, were they gonna charger her "only" billions per month until her bill was paid? LOL!

well someones financial statement is going to be looking REALLY good this quarter with that nice increase in accounts receivable

i do believe she would own the phone company at that price...

Back