Facebook Cracks Down On Fan Pages For Criminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wait, people still have to be told that making Facebook fan pages for criminals is a dumb ass idea?

Facebook has issued a stern warning against users who create pages praising alleged criminals. The warning was a response to a fan page for one of the U.K.’s most-wanted men, the alleged perpetrator of a killing spree that has killed at least four people, including two unarmed police officers, and possibly harmed a number of others.

Meh...I say who gives a shit? I mean, if the families of the victims don't like it no one is making them visit the murderers praise page...

But alas, I guess freedom of speech doesn't apply here seeing how Facebook isn't a government entity...

Dumb ass idea? Maybe, but still an argument could be made for protected speech. What happens when the next criminal is a political one who just doesn't like the government? THAT IS BADTHINK CITIZEN

Dumb ass idea? Maybe, but still an argument could be made for protected speech. What happens when the next criminal is a political one who just doesn't like the government? THAT IS BADTHINK CITIZEN

If the government was doing this you might have a point, but being as it's a private company I see no issue with it.

Facebook has the right to decide what it will allow on it's site the same way [H] can decide what it will allow on these very forums.

If the government was doing this you might have a point, but being as it's a private company I see no issue with it.

Facebook has the right to decide what it will allow on it's site the same way [H] can decide what it will allow on these very forums.

Excellent point.

Exactly, Facebook is a company that has to answer to shareholders and advertisers. If running certain content is seen as damaging for its image and of the image of its backers then it has every right to pull it.

When you have shareholders to answer to, the needs of the few are often ignored.

Wow...so are they going to take down pages for half of Obama's advisors and staff?

well, if you are dumb enough to have facebook page as criminal, than you deserve to spent your life in jail (not because police put you there, but because it's safest place for you in the world)

Not that I'm for this, but as a publicly traded company does Facebook want to get sued for infringing on free speech? Some people are loons. They will take offense over this.

Is Zuckerberg going to remove his own page? I lean towards the belief that he stole the idea of Facebook from the brothers.

The idiots who would claim freedom of speech can go screw themselves. Like others have pointed out, it's a privately owned company. And it's on their system.

I would support facebook on this. Stupid shit like this is just..... stupid.

So would I get in trouble for supporting Bradley Manning or Edward Snowden?
The government tells me they are criminals, but they are in fact heroes.

So would I get in trouble for supporting Bradley Manning or Edward Snowden?
The government tells me they are criminals, but they are in fact heroes.
You can support whoever the fuck you want, just don't do it on Facebook.

LOL! I read the first comment and though "meh, guy has a good point" then noticed this thread started nearly a year ago and saw who posted the first post...:p

I haven't pirated music since itunes hit. As tv shows have been releasing directly after they air on sites like google play, I've been pre-purchasing seasons and downloading them to my pc/tablet.

There are a few shows that think if you don't watch on the TV, you should have to wait...pirated. Until you can order a new movie on your computer or tv and not be forced to to go to the theatre or wait 4 months, I'll keep pirating those too.

Convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back